Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fast and Furious Cinematic Universe

The Fast and Furious Cinematic Universe Movie List
    (In Release Order If Known - Bolded Movies Are Released)

01 - The Fast and the Furious
    02 - Better Luck Tomorrow
    03 - 2 Fast 2 Furious
    04 - The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
    05 - Fast and Furious 4
    06 - Fast and Furious 5
    07 - Fast and Furious 6
    08 - Fast and Furious 7
    09 - Fast and Furious 8
    10 - Fast and Furious: Hobbs and Shaw

11 - Fast and Furious 9
    12 - Fast X

13 - Fast X: Part Two (04 April 2024)
    14 - Fast and Furious: Hobbs and Dante (TBC)

The Fast and Furious In Development List

- Fast and Furious (Female Led)
    - Fast and Furious: The Torretto's
    - Fast and Furious: Hobbs and Reyes
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 26-02-2024, 10:30.

The Fast and Furious Timeline:
    (As Best Calculated) - Italics TV Series

01 - The Fast and the Furious
    02 - Better Luck Tomorrow
    03 - 2 Fast 2 Furious
    04 - Fast and Furious 4
    05 - Fast and Furious 5
    06 - Fast and Furious 6
    07 - The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
    08 - Fast and Furious 7
    09 - Fast and Furious 8
    Fast and Furious: Spy Kids
    10 - Fast and Furious: Hobbs and Shaw
    11 - Fast and Furious 9
    12 - Fast X
    13 - Fast X: Part Two

Canon Shorts:

-The Turbo Charged Prelude for 2 Fast 2 Furious
    -Los Bandoleros
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 26-02-2024, 10:31.

Comment

Universal Pictures’ “The Fast and the Furious” franchise is still trucking onwards with the ninth entry hitting this Summer and the first spin-off “Hobbs and Shaw” opening in 2019 to strong box-office. The latter saw enemies Luke Hobbs, played by Dwayne Johnson, and Deckard Shaw, played by Jason Statham, teaming up to take down a […]

The franchises producer has said that the writer is at work currently on Hobbs and Shaw 2 and the studio is fully intent on moving forward with its multiple spin-off plans that will carry the franchises wider universe forward post-main series when FF11 ends that run of films.

Comment

Vin Diesel‘s 10-year-old son Vincent Sinclair has reportedly joined the cast of “F9: The Fast Saga” at Universal Pictures. Sinclair has filmed scenes as a child version of Diesel’s Dominic Toretto character presumably in flashbacks in the new film indicates TMZ. The movie introduces Dom’s brother Jakob Toretto, played by John Cena, so it’s likely […]

Vincent Sinclair, Vin Diesel's 10 year old son, has been cast in Fast 9 reportedly playing a young Dom in a flashback scene.

... Family

Comment

A new trailer for Fast 9

Comment

Went to the cinema today to see this - first a prelude to the thoughts:

The way I see things the first two films are fine. The original the better of the two, both are fun enough but nothing special - mostly notable for succeeding where I never expected them to. The third isn't amazing but it took too long to get the right recognition it deserved. The fourth film is great fun and a real confident stride forward to where we are now, it seems to get ragged on for no good reason at all I can see these days. The fifth pretty much remains the peak. The sixth is where the melodrama veered too far but otherwise it's good stuff whilst the seventh is also a good entry where most of the issues I have with it are likely tied to the very hard production it endured. Hobbs and Shawe veers far too much into the stupid territory but the dynamic between the two leads keeps it fun enough to like. The eighth entry was the first real notable drop in quality. It's not outright bad but pretty much every facet of it is a marked step back in quality on the films that came before it and it's the first real time I've thought to myself it's time for the series to end as it was teetering on slipping into just being bad.

Fast and Furious 9
            It's better. It's nowhere near peak FF but it's a definite improvement. I don't really know where to lay blame on the issues I have as with Lin's return comes a big step up on the quality of action but the script is utter tosh. Personally, I expected to hate the backstory aspects of the film and Cena but didn't mind both as they add some layering that F8 sorely lacked. The stupid elements of the plot are there but with so much now inherited from the last two non-Lin entries this feels almost like an attempt to course correct. That being said there are plot issues and definitely pacing issues with the film being too long and not using the runtime it has still to properly deliver on moments and characters that should be better focused on.

I won't get into specifics as others are yet to watch it but the action goes to places they should have had the nerve not to and whilst the film is a lift in quality you still come out feeling it's time they wrapped the main series up soon. Hopefully F10 and F11 give it a decent ending in the right tone. It's certainly time that some characters got more focus and others were written out, not that it'll happen.

Side note- Mid credits scene aside, the films final moment... I disagree with.

Side-Side note -

I just remembered that they didn't even bother to try and locate Mr Nobody - d***s!

Last edited by Neon Ignition; 28-06-2021, 07:31.

Comment

Universal’s “F9: The Fast Saga” beat expectations and has pulled in a domestic opening weekend of $70 million – the highest-grossing opening weekend since December 2019, and a global gross of $405 million to date. The numbers have shined which means the next film is inevitable – or rather the next two films as it […]

Fast and Furious 10 and Fast and Furious 11 start filming in January 2022 with filming set to last throughout nearly the entire year.

Comment

The feud between Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson on the “Fast and Furious” series seems to be (mostly) over, though both have walked away with very different perspectives. During promotional rounds for “F9: The Fast Saga” the other month, Diesel claims his use of “tough love” was the primary reason that Johnson turned in good […]

Dwayne Johnson laughs off Diesel's reasonings for their fall out but in doing so confirms he won't be returning for Fast and Furious 10 and 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  https://www.darkhorizons.com/johnson...els-feud-talk/
                  Dwayne Johnson laughs off Diesel's reasonings for their fall out but in doing so confirms he won't be returning for Fast and Furious 10 and 11.
                  I think the guy has so much money in the bank it doesn't matter what we think (sorry, couldn't help it).

Hobbs & Shaw made money and was quite entertaining so I see them doing at least 1-2 more of those as he and Statham are the stars of that spin-off.

Comment

Yep, that side-franchise seems safe and if they do the rumoured thing and pull in Keanu as well I'll prefer it

Comment

With “Jungle Cruise” now in cinemas and on the Disney+ service, the film’s star Dwayne Johnson and his producing partner Hiram Garcia have been doing press rounds and answering questions. The pair work together at the Seven Bucks Productions banner with Garcia serving as president of production and producer on Johnson’s assorted films. Collider recently […]

So many sites went nuts with the story of Johnson not being in Fast 10 and 11 that he's again clarified, he's still doing the Hobbs and Shawe spin-off line.

Comment

The plan to make the final two films back to back has been scrapped but both will still ultimately be made and released for the main line entries in the series. Leading the charge is Fast and Furious 10 which the studio has just announced will be released on 07 April 2023

I've already seen the names Fast X Furious, Fast10 Your Seatbelts and Fast 10 Furious joked about even though it seems likely something like that will actually be used.

Comment

I finally got to see F9 last night. An enjoyable ride but I found it very patchy. It reminded me a little of 7 but that had the excuse that they had to deal with the death of a main actor. They really tried to pack in so many callback characters and references but I don’t think they really integrated them well, to the point where, once a sequence ended, I couldn’t remember what the point of it was. Like, what were they doing with Helen Mirren? I know there is an answer but it was gone as soon as the scene ended. And while I loved having some Tokyo Drift characters back, I wasn’t sold on their role. And some of it was so convoluted because it built on stuff established nine movies ago, in the early 2000s. Then on top of that, they introduced a bunch of new characters, and new historical characters too if you know what I mean. I think they could have done with dropping a whole bunch of characters. Honestly Ludacris was redundant the moment Ramsey was introduced a few movies ago. Mia offers nothing. And even Roman feels like he has outstayed his welcome. And did they forget Kurt Russell was in the movie?

So I found it messy.

Still, it was very entertaining. A lot of fun and the sequences were good, if very, very, very stupid (if that was a deal-breaker for you, you should have bowed out of these movies a long time ago). John Cena worked. And I was oddly surprised by the flashback stuff. I didn’t really buy the casting but it didn’t matter. There was something more grounded in the flashback stuff that made it work. Although it once again made me wish that Fast and Furious could just tell some new stories without them needing to continue with the current crew.

Comment

Yep, whilst I definitely enjoyed it more than the eighth entry (which is probably the worst of the franchise) it felt like Lin had returned with a similar problem as he had when he was making 3/4. Essentially he was following on from other peoples involvement and he feels the need to provide reasons for everything. It's like three films in one in a sense:

1 - Something to drag the franchise away from the eye rolling spy movie set up which has taken things too far. As it makes zero sense he tries to square the peg by having Dom's brother being involved and so try to have that as the link why and it now being over.

2 - To try and get some of the excesses out its system. He's coming in at a point where the stupidity has reached an excessive level and people have been mithering for stuff like space etc for a while now so coming off the daftness of FF8 it's a bit like he's saying 'well, here you go, we've done it now' so he can bring the tone down for the last two.

3 - To try and ground Dom from the superhero mode he's found himself in. Without Brian to do that we get Dom's backstory to make him more relatable

The trouble is these three approaches don't gel that well together. It's Lin's execution of the action that keeps things going. I get Rodriguez has been rightly pushing for the franchise to be more representative of women given how male heavy it's always been but that doesn't work here either. Mia was never useful and her appearance here just undermines FF7's farewell to Brian, it feels cheap particularly the ending. It might sound regressive to say Mia would babysit but based on FF1-7 that's exactly what would happen, Brian would be the one to step in and help Dom so her being here just highlights Walker's death again and plays awkwardly, both characters were best left alone. Ramsey has been useless ever since she was brought in, she doesn't fit at all. Like you say as well, Ludacris and Roman are overplayed at this point and the 'how do we keep surviving' in-joke highlights it too much as well.

100% as well, myself and the missus were very weirded out by how they just decide to ignore Russell after the first scene too. You know it's all too stupid at this point as Lin clearly doesn't feel it's worth even trying to explain Han at this point, he wants it so we get 'something-something-magic' as a reason why he's still around.

I'm really hoping that FF9 was something of a fun blowout. An attempt by Lin to get everything out of his system and then let the last two films settle into something that feels like a worthy culmination to this strand of the franchise.

To my mind that means several characters have to die in FF10. They're in danger of having Theron become an ineffective cartoon villainess and as FF9 points out, the survival rate is too high for the action. It'd be meaningful to have them suffer loses, to not know if characters will survive and have Theron a much more lethal threat than the parade of baddies before her, have some pay offs and then have them properly definitely bow out on an emotional high. It's there, the chance to do it, but it won't if the IQ remains too low.

Comment

Yep. I feel like there probably isn't a way to give the series emotional weight at this point, at least in its current form. Out of three characters killed, two have returned from the dead and, while there is much more to emotion than the threat of death, it's very hard to buy into the idea that anything has consequences when that happens. Probably the only place I disagree with your assessment is in F9 being partly a result of what Lin inherited from 8 because I feel like everything in 9 fit very much with his way of doing things, or at least fit with the movies he made. And characters losing purpose, like Theron, happened in his movies too. The Rock was superb in 5 but it's clear they struggled to give him a role after that until he was given his own movie. Kurt Russell has just been kind of floating around since his introduction and has never been used. And even with the space stuff, I don't know if 9 was really substantially more ridiculous than some of the stuff in 6 and 7 and it was Lin's 4 that opened with Dom driving under a bouncing truck that really took the series into cartoon territory, I feel.

Not that it was exactly grounded before!

I feel like 9 was just trying to be all things for everyone at once and, yes, tried to achieve your three aims there and it just can't be all those things.

Comment

Working...
                              X