Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Census

UK National Census day 21.03.21.

Just done this online as my situation is very unlikely to change in the next five days. First time doing it online and over and done with in under 5 minutes or would have been if the household ID code I received by post only last week was not being continuously reported as invalid. WTF!

I tried two different PCs and three browsers - all the same. Eventually decide it must indeed be invalid so had to get another ID code sent by text and that worked without any problems.

Just wondering how many other people are going to have the same problem. If you're waiting until 21.03.21 I would suggest you try your own household ID code prior to that just to check it works.

Saw the thread, figured I'd get it out of the way.

First time entering the household access code it timed out, despite hitting submit immediately.

Second time, error, invalid code. (It wasn't a code typo by me!)

Third time, worked fine, correct house identified, census completed in 5 mins, no issues / time outs / errors. Requested a confirmation the census has been submitted email too, received it instantly.

Comment

So which massive data mining company is running this census then?

Comment

At a guess IPSOS/MORI, they do other surveys for the gov.

Did mine on Sunday, no issues with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          So which massive data mining company is running this census then?
          It's all on the census website: https://www.ons.gov.uk/census/census...ensussuppliers

No problems with my code, entered "other: European" for the what nationality do you identify with

Comment

I put European in too funnily enough.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              That's good to see. I was half expecting it to be one of the tax dodging tech giants.

Must admit I wasn't even aware there was a census this year. Need to keep an eye out for the letter arriving. Anyone selected Jedi for their religion?

Comment

If you don't have a religion, select no religion. Otherwise the "x% of Britain is religious" will be skewed. Although it was only 1% last time

Comment

All done, the nature of some of the questions is always a bit off putting

Comment

I was asking the lads at work last night if they had received their census letter and no one has. It’s not exactly far from the big day.

Comment

They can do it online by https://www.census.gov.uk and get an household ID code for their address in the same way I had to.

But they really should have received the letter because you either have to 'phone or go online to get the paper version sent to them. If the lousy post is the problem (don't I know it) there is no way they're going to get that by Saturday unless they do that today or tomorrow at the latest.

I predict there will be a hell of a lot of late census forms, particularly the C-19 self-isolating section of the population of which there are still a significant number.

I'd also predict there will be a lot of people who've died in the last few months who will be sent census reminders with its attendant threat of £1000 fines for not returning it on time.

Comment

Why did they want yo know who is staying over on march 21st? I'm predicting alien contact reveal or extinction meteorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                          Why did they want yo know who is staying over on march 21st? I'm predicting alien contact reveal or extinction meteorite.
                          A fair few people at work have asked this. This is how they do it every 10 years; it's always phrased that way.

Comment

Covid lockdown checks.
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                              I think its so that children that split their time between parents are not counted twice or missed off.

Comment

Working...
                              X