Windows Tablet PCs in the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Tablet PCs in the UK?

My laptop, an Acer Switch 10 - which is a 10" Windows tablet with a detachable keyboard, is about to give up the ghost. I've had it for over 5 years and used it intensively, so I'm totally okay with that, but I need to get a replacement.

I had planned to get the Microsoft Surface Go 2 with the keyboard attachment - but I really want the model with the M3 processor and SSD drive, as opposed to the cheaper ones that have eMMC drives and a weaker CPU... But while you can get this one from Amazon, it's the only model which can't be bought on monthly instalments, and it's not available at Currys or anywhere else with a similar scheme.

As this laptop really is on its last legs, I want to get a replacement quickly, so I was hoping to use a spread-over-6-months payment option with a modest interest rate, but I can't seem to find this model, only the others.

Does anyone know if it's not properly available in the UK or something? It's annoying because it seems like EVERY SINGLE FLAVOUR OF THE SURFACE RANGE is available with this option APART FROM THIS SPECIFIC ONE.
    Last edited by Asura; 18-03-2021, 14:55.

They're in stock at John Lewis, though not on 6 months interest free: https://www.johnlewis.com/microsoft-...tinum/p5021069, so definitely available in the UK.

You can pay by PayPal and they have introduced a scheme where you can make three payments over three months interest free.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      They're in stock at John Lewis, though not on 6 months interest free: https://www.johnlewis.com/microsoft-...tinum/p5021069, so definitely available in the UK.

You can pay by PayPal and they have introduced a scheme where you can make three payments over three months interest free.
      Nah; this is the problem - "Pentium Gold processor 4425Y"; that's the worse one.

Comment

Could have sworn that was the M3

Ready to pick up your first 2-in-1 laptop? A Microsoft Surface laptop is great for both workers and students. Find your new laptop today in the Ebuyer store.

They have interest free available, again, via PayPal.

Comment

Could have sworn that was the M3

Ready to pick up your first 2-in-1 laptop? A Microsoft Surface laptop is great for both workers and students. Find your new laptop today in the Ebuyer store.

They have interest free available, again, via PayPal.
          Thanks; unfortunately that one's only for sale to businesses.

I think what I'm gonna do is reformat the laptop and try to flog 2-3 more months out of it, while I put away £150 a month. I figure I'm not going anywhere any time soon at least until I'm vaccinated, so I'll just make do.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Thanks; unfortunately that one's only for sale to businesses..
            Not sure I understand, there are no restrictions I can see and I can purchase it on my account.

Main difference appears to be one runs Pro the other runs Home (and Home is the gimped version of Windows), it's just branding.
            Last edited by MartyG; 18-03-2021, 23:00.

Comment

Not sure I understand, there are no restrictions I can see and I can purchase it on my account.

Main difference appears to be one runs Pro the other runs Home (and Home is the gimped version of Windows), it's just branding.
              That's really weird. I looked at it earlier this evening and the description had some red text in it saying "Can only be purchased by educational institutions and PLCs".

Comment

Working...
              X