No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter Rise+Sunbreak [NS/PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Def agree that the current story stop is a little abrupt, also that rampage isn't quite what I want for endgame content, but this is still early days! The game's barely been out a month! We're getting new monsters in a matter of days!

Comment

Really not bothered about the story. The game loop is there and there's plenty to do. I'm really happy with the new streamlined MH. Straight to the point. No firefly following etc. Yeah, it does sound like there's a lack of end game t the moment, but hopefully, the update will provide.

Comment

Speaking of which...

Comment

Hopefully we get some news on Event Quests, as those are really what keep you playing every month.
          I'm not expecting an update like Iceborne, although the sales figures probably suggest they would be foolish not to bring out a massive expansion 18 months on.

Comment

Recap!

Arriving tomorrow in V2:

Apex Rathalos
            Apex Diablos
            Chameleon-thingy

HR cap lifting
            Palico/Palamute level cap lifting

Event Quests available "for download" i.e. not the limited FOMO rotating way, but at least you can play these offline.

There are more visual bits and bobs you can pay extra for (forget that).

Arriving in V3:

The next chapter of the story (possibly the end?)
            More monsters.

Comment

AHHH!

Loving the update, really fleshes out a bit more for you despite a lack of story.
              The new village quest! Low rank armour will NOT cut it, and I carted 3 times in my high rank (pre-upgrade cap release). I'll be scraping the cash I need to pay for my upgrades.

All the layered armour is uplocked right away, although each piece takes 3 tickets, and you'll be needing to grind for those! Heavy armour spheres are now present, and the 3-slot decorations are too, along with some 1- and 2-slot ones that were absent before.

They've not fixed the name of the Basarios Coil S yet though:

(the Edel Creeper is the only armour with Capture Master on it, giving extra rewards when you cap a monster)

An old favourite from World also got added but wasn't mentioned

Comment

Niiiice. Nice spot on the Basarios name. Does that actually affect the game meaning it doesn't recognise the item properly for forge/upgrading?

I still have a lot of Gathering Hub to do still, so plenty for me to do.

Comment

No, makes no difference. I just thought it was odd.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                    The new village quest! Low rank armour will NOT cut it, and I carted 3 times in my high rank (pre-upgrade cap release). I'll be scraping the cash I need to pay for my upgrades.
                    [...]
                    An old favourite from World also got added but wasn't mentioned
                    I had been not-reading and instead just hoovering up all the new stuff in the village, went straight into this quest first, and got one hell of a surprise

Haven't done much new yet in the gathering hub, but I'm finding the HR cap lift is touch unusual. Boot up, go from 7 to 8, do a quest, go to 15, do another, go to 18. Huh? Anyway, should be at 20 soon which is when I'm guessing elder dragons turn up.

Comment

The first event quest is available from the mailcat by the steelworks, netting you a Ninjutsu gesture upon completion.

Also, if you're not making use of the Melding Pot yet, DO IT. You need talismen to make higher-level ones. I spam Horn Maestro (as I have no interest in it right now) and then use them to make the better ones.

You need 20 per time so get working!
                      Last edited by kryss; 30-04-2021, 15:10.

Comment

Event quests 2 and 3 have been out a while now if you haven't gotten them from the courier yet.

I also came to realise today that you can unlock the wall scrolls for purchase by hunting ten of that particular monster. So for most monsters, I have a ways to go.

Comment

Can't find a thread in news for Rise, so posting here instead. Big thumbs up for this collaboration.

Comment

I'd been trying to find a roadmap for Rise, but I guess it's all collabs for the moment, which is fine.

Comment

PC demo is out for some streamers/Youtube people. It is high res and framerate improvement only, nothings been done to the models or textures.

Anyone here still playing it? I stopped about month into it and didn't get every far, mostly due burn out from playing World for years and frame-rate being rubbish.

Comment

I still play on and off with my brother and nephews back in the UK. Honestly, I barely play anything right now due to school and baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X