No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter Rise+Sunbreak [NS/PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been off it for a while now but have nothing but positive things to say about it. I was playing it a lot when it came out, and that carried on for a good bit after as I eventually convinced a few other friends to try it out. Should probably try and keep an eye on the collabs so as to not miss them all, but otherwise quite happy leaving it for now until the expansion's out.

Comment

I think that the collabs aren't limited-time makes a difference. With World, we knew that stuff was going to disappear, so we had motivation to get in and play it. By making everything playable offline to fit the console, CAPCOM have removed the FOMO that drove us.

Comment

Bump! Just picked this up on Switch for £25 on the eShop.

I like World but I'm REALLY glad I got this, it has clicked with me way quicker and gone sticky way faster than World did. Everything about it seems much less faff and more streamlined.

Not sure if anyone is interested anymore but this is the best MH I have played. Loving it.

Comment

Fuse and I still play it, and the Sunbreak DLC is out at the end of the month - Iceborne-sized update bringing G-rank.

Comment

I've ordered the physical version of Rise + Sunbreak for end month, so I'll be on over the summer. Although I'll be so behind it'll be unreal.

Comment

Never really got into Monster Hunter as much as most. Having said that I just played the Rise demo on my Steam Deck and it runs on high setting at a rock solid 60 FPS. I think I might of just found my new time sink.
              Coming from a die hard PSO background I favour projectile weapons. I`m more of a run and gone chip away at em player. What would be a good balance class for a beginner?

Comment

Light bowgun to hit and run, heavy bowgun with shield to take a few hits.
                Humble Capcom Bundle has a 50% off coupon for Rise btw.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  Light bowgun to hit and run, heavy bowgun with shield to take a few hits.
                  Humble Capcom Bundle has a 50% off coupon for Rise btw.
                  Yea i used the Light Bowgun in the demo - CDKeys have it for £20.99

Comment

Yeah I've been quiet for a little but I think I'm ready for Sunbreak to take over my gaming time again once it lands. Slightly miffed that even the physical version is just Rise with a DLC code in the box from what I can tell, though.

Comment

It's been a slow start. My muscle memory for the charge blade is still very much there, but there's other bits that are a bit rusty - what do I do when mounting? Where is *anything* on my radial menu? Why doesn't my saved loadout have bombs, again? Then there's other new shiny stuff on top - new wirebug types, being able to cycle a couple of skills on the fly, new in-hunt environmental interactions, getting used to my old gear, let alone thinking about where to look at upgrading... and weirdly I don't remember having quite such a jarring first impression of Iceborne. That said, I think I was still very much drinking the Kool-Aid (or at least not long lapsed) when that came around.

I'm only MR2 so far so there's not much I can say that's particularly insightful. I like that the optional hunts have now got some fun new tech requests (tail severance!), and the concept of working with NPCs in hunts is kinda neat, but I've barely seen any new monsters.

Comment

I've managed to use the Hermitaur armour until MR3, where I had to change it up.
                        I feel like I want to ease back and get all the weapons I don't already have before pushing on much further. I'm MR4.

Comment

I'm HR207/MR37 right now to give some context.

Alright! So let's talk what's new.

Wall running no longer needs to start with a wirebug jump, just hold sprint and run at a wall.

That lizard you could kick once to get a piece of something or struggle to hit 3 times with your kunai? Just hit it with your weapon now.

No new Petalaces? That is a bit odd to be. Lots of new decorations, and Master Rank weapons have done away with Ramp-Up abilities in favour of Rampage Decorations, which can be swapped between weapons, although some are weapon-type specific.

New monsters! Every monster from LR/HR is back, of course, at some point. I'm not going to spoil who appears.

And there is...more endgame going on, or rather the actual MR has been stretched with the addition of

Anomaly Research quests, which have far, far stronger monsters than before due to Qurio (you'll get there...)

The Melding Pot, which if you have not been using yet, give it a go, has new melding methods which unlock as you progress - producing up to rank 10 talisman. DON'T sell monster parts for money, you'll need all the MR parts you have for the melding pot!

The Argosy now has "backroom trading" which gets you some more bits and bobs that you can use or sell.

Two new locations, the Jungle and the Citadel. The latter being huge! I love the look of the broken castle and village houses, but I've still not fully explored the whole thing.

I'm a little disappointed the Jhen Mohran quests haven't come back as I love stuff like that, but who know what the future updates hold. Update 1 is due in August bringing Seething Beezelguse and Lucent Nargacuga among others.

Overall: Love it.

edit: oh and I use the usual mish-mash of armour parts to get the skills I need, which has become easier with the addition of 4-slot decorations. Remember to use layered armour to make it seem like you're cooler

Comment

Mentioned this in the 'what are you playing' thread but I'm finding this latest MH foray a bit less compulsive and more of a slog, though I think that's far more reflective of where my head's at rather than the game's quality. I've done the mid-way urgent quest in MR5 and feel like I'm on the home straight now; after the credits roll there might be a rather unceremonious dropping though, I really don't think I've got the endgame in me this time around.

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            I'm a little disappointed the Jhen Mohran quests haven't come back as I love stuff like that, but who know what the future updates hold.
                            Yeah, same! These hammered home the scale and power of the larger monsters really well and also served as a nice palate cleanser to the repetition of traditional hunt after hunt after hunt. Not only have they not gone down that route this time, but unless they're saving it right for the end, they've even dialled back on the rampage idea too. Not that I was a huge fan of these, but they did at least give some variety.

All of this moaning is not to say I've not had fun with it. I really like a lot of the new monsters, and some of my favourites have returned in wonderful style. The Citadel is a great map, with a couple of really nice if somewhat obvious arenas set up for the bigger, more cinematic battles.

Oh, and I finally unlocked my HR100 urgent for Crimson Glow Valstrax. Sadly I couldn't find any active quests going for that last night; if it's the same again I'll go it alone though. I'm guessing MR gear might make the process slightly less hairy, anyway.

Comment

I solo'd the Apex Mitsune/Apex Zinogre the other day in my MR gear, so Valstrax shouldn't be an issue for you.
                              Message me when you're online and I might be free to help.

Comment

Yeah, Valstrax proved no issue in the end. Nice to draw that final line under the base game!

Finished Sunbreak's story now too and am definitely ready to put it back down. Thought the last boss was decent; does enough surprising stuff to be fun but also giving you enough signposting to react to things as they happen and not needing prior knowledge of exactly where to go / when to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X