No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter Rise+Sunbreak [NS/PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I knew how Hunter Connect worked, but I'll have to go back and look at it again.
    I've mainly been hunting with my brother and two nephews, taking it to a nice round 4, joined via a lobby my brother has set up.

The vertical climbing is really making a difference in how I move about the field, and how I sneak up on monsters, then miss when attacking from (far) above.

The wirebug attacks are something you really need to read up on usage for, I'm not sure how a few of mine work (like the spinny axe attacks for the charge axe) but I'll get there. Currently loving the Invincible Gambit for the slash axe.

So I've not played many Hub quests, but I've done enough village quests that I've been able to run Special License Test quests, which give you the same ability to take on higher starred Hub quests without actually doing Hub quests. I did 3* and 4* back to back yesterday to jump from HR2 to HR4. Which is nice.

I'm really trying to use a variety of weapons right from the start, and neglecting my usual heavy bowgun. We'll see how that plays out when we get to high rank. After it's introduction in MH4, I have finally started using the insect glaive, and I don't hate it - I just need to remember my dash juice!

Comment

Ah man, I love this game.

I didn't realise you could charge your Hammer and then release a silkbind attack for super damage. Yeah, I'm loving the Hammer now. I chilled on this for most of the evening. Enjoying the wirebug antics, capturing (not slaying ) monsters. I'm almost ready to say it's the best MH I've ever played.

One slight concern is that I've yet to faint, but that's probably due to the biggest monster I've faced is a Barroth so far.

Comment

Just done what I believe is the last hunt in the current game. I won't say anything further than this: I enjoyed it a lot!

Still got plenty of sub-quests, hunts and so on to be doing, but until the patch comes later to lift the HR cap, I'll be at 7 for now

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          Ah man, I love this game.

I didn't realise you could charge your Hammer and then release a silkbind attack for super damage. Yeah, I'm loving the Hammer now. I chilled on this for most of the evening. Enjoying the wirebug antics, capturing (not slaying ) monsters. I'm almost ready to say it's the best MH I've ever played.

One slight concern is that I've yet to faint, but that's probably due to the biggest monster I've faced is a Barroth so far.
          Oddly, Tobi Kadachi has been the most annoying for me and Ko'd me twice.
          I've switch up my Rathian armour for Almudron instead, although I'm still shy a plate so I have Rathalos gauntlets for the moment.

I didn't know you could charge up your bow before doing the Dragon Piercer, so that is my new go to for when I'm playing support. The shift from the arc shot being an attack to support is actually very smart, so now others can be tanking while you stand away and heal them (depending on the bow of course).

We've got until the end of April for the update so plenty of time to make all those low rank weapons ready to upgrade.

Comment

Do the hub quests scale HP with player count? Felt like it took triple the kill time soloing, killing the same snow rabbit from village quest?

Where am at atm I can't play mp games on the WiFi for next 3 weeks.

Comment

According to the developer, if you solo gathering hub quests, difficulty will be set to solo.

Comment

It's meant to scale, but even on your own I think HP values and the like are way lower in village quests than in equivalent gathering hall ones?

Comment

Yes, Hub scales, but village quests are ~70% of solo Hub (or something like that)
                  That is, the monster health is 70% of a solo hub quest.

Mind you, I feel like I'm pulling 70% out of the air, so don't quote me.

Comment

Have now cleared all village and gathering hub quests that are currently available; there's not really much of an endgame to speak of yet, so I think it's time to take a break and wait for an update or two.

Comment

I got the Monster Hunter Rise Pro controller today. It's my first Pro controller and I'm already feeling the pro benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                        Have now cleared all village and gathering hub quests that are currently available; there's not really much of an endgame to speak of yet, so I think it's time to take a break and wait for an update or two.
                        At least you only have 2 weeks or so to wait.

Comment

I love doing a hunt where there's multiple monsters involved. The wyvern riding is so much fun!
                          Last edited by hudson; 13-04-2021, 20:57.

Comment

If you launch one monster into another instead of using the mounted punisher, you can then ride the second one. Unless you've already ridden it in the last 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                              I'm really feeling like this was released a little too early, or they shouldn't have that

post-Narwa sequence with the twins.

It sets up the next part of the game, but makes me feel like it was released half-done.
                              I have a vague memory of World having updates, but no pre-update, in-game teaser of the rest of the game.

I sound angry but I'm still plugging away, up to 105 hours now.

Comment

the lack of new content is telling and rampage is boring trash i want to avoid. MHW got updated every month (with a new monster every 3-4 months) with events and cross promotion stuff to collect all manor of strange equipment. I can't be bothered to go back to play it and i've only fought 3/4's of the monsters, i'm probably burned out of years spent in world and Iceborne, the low framerate, i think i'll just wait to see how the PC version turns out after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X