User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    One of the Switch Attacks for the long sword is like a silk web, which then lets you ride the monster if it runs into the web. There is also a Hunter Helper that looks like a peacock spider that does the same, but I've not tried that out yet.

Yes, all my riding comes from turf wars too. I wonder if the staff is more geared towards riding like it was mounting previously.

Definitely noticing how much easier village quests are compared to hub ones, the Azuros/Tetradon arena quest took me less than 9mins to cap them both. Granted, I was making use of elemental weaknesses and spamming the hell out of wirebug attacks - there's one for the switch axe (the default ZL+X one) that gives you immunity while wiredashing in to get 3 hits in.

Getting into it more and enjoying fighting the new monsters having learn where to hit them rather than clutch claw softening. Only change to the main gameplay i don't like is the max stamina dropping way to fast, just really annoying to be forced to hunt for meat and cook it

Another question, has the fishing and bug net been done away with?

You can fish at the main camp for each area, but otherwise yes it seems.

Have been playing quite a bit of this and am really enjoying it. You should have seen my face light up when first trying out the new 'Axe Hopper' skill with charge blade; launching myself up into the air with a wirebug and coming back down with an aerial SAED. OOOMPH!

I've not tried playing with anyone I know just yet, and while I have no idea how 'Hunter Connect' works, or whether there's some deeper meaning to the 'like' system (I'm routinely getting and returning one from each hunter I play with), I'll spend some time looking into that side of things soon. I have high hopes though - I had been particularly concerned about the online aspect for this after World, but in terms of just getting on and finding randoms to hunt with, I'm finding that it's much quicker and easier than before - I've managed to skirt around lobbies almost entirely, instead just using the quest board from the d-pad menu, opting to join a specific quest, and being thrown straight in with no troubles whatsoever. Lovely.

Between 4 players and 4 palamutes I am finding that things can get a little crazy (in a good way) visually, but the usual complaint of certain weapon types regularly tripping others is somewhat heightened given how snug everything gets around a downed monster. Bring on the flinch free.

One really, really big point: on top of a big thumbs up for the visuals coming out of this engine, I'm really impressed with how well it handles loading. Travel between locations in the village is near-instant, and loading into quests is super fast too. Between this and general improvements to movement, I find that when I'm playing, I spend far more time actually hunting rather than running staring at loading screens or running to different locations.

I've only done a few LV** quests, but I'm loving the environments. The main hub area is beautifully colourful. The music too. I wasn't sold on the music at first, but I am loving it now. The game throws quite a few systems at you which may be a bit overwhelming for new comers, but I think this game does a good job of pacing it out with out too much waffle.

I'm enjoying the vertical traversal during gathering quests.

As always, to me, picking a weapon can be a little overwhelming. I usually go with Great Sword, but the Wirebug special attack it has confused me (or I didn't bothered trying to understand it). So I've opted for the hammer, which isn't too bad. A bit straight forward, but I'm hoping that the upgrades you can get will give it a bit more va va voom.

Yeah, really enjoying it so far.

I thought I knew how Hunter Connect worked, but I'll have to go back and look at it again.
    I've mainly been hunting with my brother and two nephews, taking it to a nice round 4, joined via a lobby my brother has set up.

The vertical climbing is really making a difference in how I move about the field, and how I sneak up on monsters, then miss when attacking from (far) above.

The wirebug attacks are something you really need to read up on usage for, I'm not sure how a few of mine work (like the spinny axe attacks for the charge axe) but I'll get there. Currently loving the Invincible Gambit for the slash axe.

So I've not played many Hub quests, but I've done enough village quests that I've been able to run Special License Test quests, which give you the same ability to take on higher starred Hub quests without actually doing Hub quests. I did 3* and 4* back to back yesterday to jump from HR2 to HR4. Which is nice.

I'm really trying to use a variety of weapons right from the start, and neglecting my usual heavy bowgun. We'll see how that plays out when we get to high rank. After it's introduction in MH4, I have finally started using the insect glaive, and I don't hate it - I just need to remember my dash juice!

Ah man, I love this game.

I didn't realise you could charge your Hammer and then release a silkbind attack for super damage. Yeah, I'm loving the Hammer now. I chilled on this for most of the evening. Enjoying the wirebug antics, capturing (not slaying ) monsters. I'm almost ready to say it's the best MH I've ever played.

One slight concern is that I've yet to faint, but that's probably due to the biggest monster I've faced is a Barroth so far.

Just done what I believe is the last hunt in the current game. I won't say anything further than this: I enjoyed it a lot!

Still got plenty of sub-quests, hunts and so on to be doing, but until the patch comes later to lift the HR cap, I'll be at 7 for now

Quote Originally Posted by hudson View Post
    Ah man, I love this game.

I didn't realise you could charge your Hammer and then release a silkbind attack for super damage. Yeah, I'm loving the Hammer now. I chilled on this for most of the evening. Enjoying the wirebug antics, capturing (not slaying ) monsters. I'm almost ready to say it's the best MH I've ever played.

One slight concern is that I've yet to faint, but that's probably due to the biggest monster I've faced is a Barroth so far.
    Oddly, Tobi Kadachi has been the most annoying for me and Ko'd me twice.
    I've switch up my Rathian armour for Almudron instead, although I'm still shy a plate so I have Rathalos gauntlets for the moment.

I didn't know you could charge up your bow before doing the Dragon Piercer, so that is my new go to for when I'm playing support. The shift from the arc shot being an attack to support is actually very smart, so now others can be tanking while you stand away and heal them (depending on the bow of course).

We've got until the end of April for the update so plenty of time to make all those low rank weapons ready to upgrade.

Do the hub quests scale HP with player count? Felt like it took triple the kill time soloing, killing the same snow rabbit from village quest?

Where am at atm I can't play mp games on the WiFi for next 3 weeks.