Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you vote with your wallet? On what? And Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
    I don't work for amazon. You are right that gig working is horrendous and should not even be a thing in a developed country. Blame the government for that though. Amazon, deliveroo, Just Eat, dominoes, uber and every chippy in the country take advantage of this type of labour and workers who are taking on these jobs need more rights.

Side side point. Im sure we have all seen Tesla Ubers. How does that happen?
    Because they lease them as a tax deductible business expense. Not because working as an Uber driver is some kind of incredibly lucratively job.

Comment

I don't really order things with Amazon anymore, mostly just because the days where they were the best place for products or prices are long behind them now. Last few years they've mostly held value just through recommissioning new seasons of The Expanse.

Comment

Thats a major problem. Whenever you search for anything you have to wade through a few pages of chinese clone products unless your search is very specific.

Comment

It's basically AliExpress 2.0 at this stage.

I don't even buy lube from there anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
            Thats a major problem. Whenever you search for anything you have to wade through a few pages of chinese clone products unless your search is very specific.
            Yep. One thing they've never been good for is browsing. It's the place you go when you've seen it somewhere else and know exactly what you want. But yeah, the clones are a real problem. My wife keeps buying utter rubbish because she still forgets that most of what is sold on Amazon now doesn't come from Amazon themselves. The site is overwhelmed by terrible knockoffs.

Comment

Snap! They are even charging western prices. Things that used to cost a quid delivered on ebay are now on par with actual brands. I imagine the chinese factories are laughing and its things like phone chargers which will make them a global financial superpower. My sister buys chinese stuff for my toddler and baby such as bath toys which we have to be really careful with. Most people don't get that the prime delivery means nothing any more.

I just searched for dyson and the tip product is a sponsored Chinese Dyson rip off. They can get it to me tonight though, so that kind of makes up for it!
              Last edited by cutmymilk; 02-04-2021, 12:05.

Comment

Here is a case in point.
                Went on B&Q and put about 12 garden tools in the basket. 'unfortunately we do not deliver these items, click and collect only'. OK, fine...
                3 items are in the shop close to you, the others are scatters across the country in a challenge Annaka style adventure.
                Go on Amazon, order the same items and they are being DELIVERED tomorrow.
                B&Q clearly want to go under.

Comment

Working...
                X