3D glasses advice Xbox 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D glasses advice Xbox 360

I ended up with a Sony TV for free for my kid's room. I read the specs and it has 3D, but no glasses.

I see there are some 360 games that have 3D, like Assassin's Creed and Arkham
    a) Is it worth trying to for the novelty value?
    b) What glasses would I need to get? Active? Passive? Recommends?

Quite a lot of the 360 games with 3d support used old fashioned red and green glasses so best to investigate first. Sine Mora was quite smart in 3d.
    IIRC Sony TVs generally used active 3d glasses.

Comment

Being brutally honest, I probably wouldn’t bother. You will be able to track down third party sets of glasses that will work - it’s the active shutter sort that you need for that TV, based on some brief googling - but I don’t think 3D support on the 360 was especially widespread or well executed. Worth it if you can get the specs for a couple of quid, maybe.

You might have more fun connecting a Blu-ray player or PS3 and watching some 3D films (the discs are really cheap now). But 32” might be a bit on the small side to get the full experience to be honest.

Comment

Ok cheers

Comment

The PlayStation Screen was smaller than that and was still fine for 3D.
          I always found active 3D too dark to enjoy the effect in anywhere but the darkest of rooms.

Comment

Yes that’s true. It needs to be dark or you can see the flicker.

Comment

I had a lot of fun with this in the heyday of 3D. I never had many 360 games due to the fragility of the hardware but did have most of the PS3 titles. I had fun with one of the Tekkens (I forget which) and God of War Collection, there were probably others but sadly my TV no longer does 3D. Maybe those that do will be like the CRTs of the future. Highly collectable.

I remember on LG passive screens you were able to swap the lenses about so that in 2 player mode the screen could be expanded to fill the entire screen using the 3D functions but you could only see your player. It didn't really work that well but I thought it was interesting to mess about with at the time.

Anyway if you have a 3DS its pretty much like that but bigger. Sometimes tricky to focus your eyes but when you do, a fun experience. I liked it, as I like gimmicky things.

Comment

The Trine games in 3D are stunning. Dunno if XBox has those?

Comment

Originally posted by chipsgravy View Post
                  I remember on LG passive screens you were able to swap the lenses about so that in 2 player mode the screen could be expanded to fill the entire screen using the 3D functions but you could only see your player. It didn't really work that well but I thought it was interesting to mess about with at the time.
                  I thought that was only on active sets? The PS Screen called it "Simult-view" or something.

Comment

[MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION]: the glasses you need are related to the TV you have. Sony tend to use active, LG panels tend to use passive.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      I thought that was only on active sets? The PS Screen called it "Simult-view" or something.
                      Wow, I never knew. I thought it was only Passive sets that this happened on due to how easy it was to pop out a lens from each and swap them over. A guy on the LG stand at Gadgetshow live way back gave me a couple of extra pairs once he found out I had am LG TV and was going to try it once I got home.

But the ghosting was terrible and often the image was stretched. So I'm not surprised it never caught on, especially with couch co-op/2 Player gaming on the way out at the time.

Comment

After digging around in the online manual, I found the model number TDG-BR250, so have ordered some 2nd hand on ebay for £12. Seems worth a punt.

Comment

Originally posted by chipsgravy View Post
                          Wow, I never knew. I thought it was only Passive sets that this happened on due to how easy it was to pop out a lens from each and swap them over. A guy on the LG stand at Gadgetshow live way back gave me a couple of extra pairs once he found out I had am LG TV and was going to try it once I got home.

But the ghosting was terrible and often the image was stretched. So I'm not surprised it never caught on, especially with couch co-op/2 Player gaming on the way out at the time.
                          The only game I know of that used it was one of the Motorstorm ones, it actually came with the PS Screen.

Comment

I never knew it was a real advertised thing.

I feel a rabbit hole about to be fallen into....I wonder how much compatible 3D TVs are nowadays....

Comment

Working...
                            X