Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show off the graphics!

Clips of graphical showcases in games!

I know there aren't many (any?) flight simmers here but DCS just got a graphical update including new volumetric clouds so I thought some of you might appreciate this:

The ground forces let it down a bit but otherwise I think this is stunning. Can you top it?

Yeah, saw it yesterday. It's amazing stuff that will make even harder to push onto customers currently available simulators. Unreal.just got a real world terrain plug-in with integrated LODs, tile streaming, and 3D buildings, like a souped-up version of MS Flight Simulator...but that's a professional rant with no place here.

Is this meant to be a purely technical thread or is something more reliant on style accepted?
    Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 16-04-2021, 06:40.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
      Is this meant to be a purely technical thread or is something more reliant on style accepted?
      Anything that makes you go wow! basically. I was originally thinking current stuff rather than stuff that wowed you in the past but in the interests of filling the thread let's open it up, possibly comparing your wow moments with what was typical at the time for comparison?

Comment

Overwatch. Quite simple textures and stuff, but the lightshow is fantastic. All the visual and audio cues are helpful. Sorry about the quality - downloaded from Xbox app and uploaded to youtube.....

Comment

A bunch of screenshots from Tasomachi's photo mode. Unfortunately that saves at 1920x1080.

Comment

Gorgeous!!!

Comment

Old one here. Some nice line effects on Battle Mania 2, Mega Drive.

Comment

This is a bit more retro but I've always been amazed at Tony Hawk's American Sk8land on the Nintendo DS:

3D games on the DS were very much hit-and-miss, and to be honest, there were only a handful that I think still hold up, but without extensive reflection I think those were nearly all Nintendo first-party. But American Sk8land is this weird aberration - a game which is third-party yet technically profound.

The visuals were solid, smooth, and looked great, with both a technical clarity and visual style that made the absolute best of the small screen. The game even had an editor where you used the touchscreen to create your own skatepark (which formed the story of the game, building "The American Sk8land").

And added to all that, it was a joy to play; a really good handheld interpretation of the Tony Hawk template.

Comment

^I was always impressed by Tony Hawk's American WASTEland!!!!!

Still a THPS I *need* to cane!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Old one here. Some nice line effects on Battle Mania 2, Mega Drive.

Very impressive!!!

Good shout on Sk8land too [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                    X