• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro|Spective 184: Eternal Darkness

History in Games:
    2002 - Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

Overview:
    The psychological horror from Silicon Knights and Nintendo was the most prominent and well known horror from both companies and yet that wasn't enough from seeing it lost to the Gamecube, often mentioned but never revisited. Playing as several characters across the span of time, the third person title made use of 'sanity effect's' to try and make the player question what was happening and to affect the characters mental state as their fear rose.

A playthrough of Nintendo's 2002 horror adventure game for the Nintendo Gamecube, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Played through the red path with all se...

What are your memories of the game and has Nintendo wasted another ip by letting the game languish in eternal darkness?

I have never played this and you know what? I would really like to. I just don't have a good way of doing so. I'd have to sort out hacking my WiiU with Nintendont and all sorts and I just haven't gotten to it.

Comment

I need to get around to it, too. It's ready to go downstairs on our CFW'd Wii, along with pretty much every other game worth mentioning.

Comment

I enjoyed it, I remember feeling the later stages were weaker largely because they were more frustrating to play and the more it embraced the weirder stuff the less effective the horror was but the first half sticks out strongly

Comment

Working...
        X