No announcement yet.

R-Type Final 2 [PS4/XB1/NSW]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i completed it last night and had enough resources to unlock a further 8/9 ships - its starting to warm with me a little, but they really need to get a patch out to sort out the technical issues and framerate in places. Some really nice bits, but overall a bit dull. They had kept it to much like the original and not innovated enough. Going to go through it again on a higher difficulty level and try and input the few codes i have for more extra ships.

anyone tried the DLC?

Comment

Shoot 'em ups are my favourite genre, horizontal/vertical, new/old, I play them all the time, but I'm finding little desire to keep playing this.

Generic levels without any cohesive style, simplistic bosses, gaps where very little is going on, unfair deaths.

There doesn't feel to be any real passion in the design.

It isn't awful, but there are many better shmups. Without the R-Type name I'm sure it wouldn't be getting much coverage.

It's a shame they didn't take inspiration from something like GG Aleste 3. I'd love a new R-Type with modern pixel art that takes inspiration from the old games and also tries something new.
      Last edited by ZipZap; 08-05-2021, 00:33.

Comment

What ships are generally meant to be the best ones?
        There are some really terrible ships on R-Type Final 2.

Comment

Finally got my code for this yesterday (classic Kickstarter). It's R-Type Final 2 alright.

Comment

Originally posted by phillai View Post
            What ships are generally meant to be the best ones?
            There are some really terrible ships on R-Type Final 2.
            The same ships that were good in RTF1

The Ladylove, the Wavemaster, the Leo, and the Eclipse are good starters.

Comment

Never been the biggest R-Type fan but I'm enjoying this. Apart from the fact I'm not very good at it I like the slow pace and bright colours popping everywhere. Wasn't cheap but it's nice to support releases like this and it's always good to have a new shmup to play.

Comment

Working...
              X