Call of Duty XIX: Slipstream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call of Duty XIX: Slipstream

"Activision have stated that a new premium Call of Duty title will release this year and from what I've been told, they knew it wouldn't perform that well ("recovery road map" is already in place)."

First news on this years installment and if true it bodes well...
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 02-07-2021, 06:45.

Very interesting.

The best news out of that for me is that Infinity Ward are getting lots of time and resources to create MW 2022 after 2019 was such a big hit. I really enjoyed that and I'm definitely in for the sequel - glad that it's next year and not this year, three years feels like the minimum to generate something of the same quality.

This year's COD on the other hand...well, it's not sounding positive so far

Comment

Unrelated (?) but Bobby Kotick has agreed to cut his salary and bonus by 50%

Comment

Looking like Activision is moving away from Crash/Spyro again as Toys for Bob gets bumped into being yet another COD support studio. Certainly feels like... things... are happening at Activision

Comment

Bloody hell, how many studios is that working on COD now?! IW, Treyarch, Sledgehammer, the other one, Toys for Bob - at a minimum five.

With the leaked stories of the drama over Cold War's development (Treyarch having to come in to rescue it at the eleventh hour) the development of these games is sounding increasingly chaotic.

Comment

What I suspect is that the blames falls at Warzone's feet. They seem to be falling apart since having to commit to supporting three active projects at once with Warzone on top of that. Presumably Warzone is the priority now but ultimately it's Activision failing to invest enough in the studios. They'll just end up cannibalising their studios.

Three year cycles seem fine but they need to drop the third game and allow it a year off like Assassin's Creed sometimes does. After the last game Modern Warfare needs protecting, they're so close to securing gold on that one. Then have Black Ops as the alternate and longer DLC support for both

Comment

Yep, I pretty much agree with all of that. The next Modern Warfare has the opportunity to be a really special game if it builds on the potential of 2019.

Warzone feels like it has spun out of control - it doesn't appear that it was actually built to be a full-bore Fortnite-style ongoing game, and was really more of an MW2019 spinoff. Now they're simultaneously trying to keep players engaged while also build it into something which sits separately to the mainline titles, while simultaneously building 3 premium games. No wonder it's absolute chaos. I wouldn't like to see their Trello board.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X