0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 50.00%

1 50.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Returnal - PS5

I've logged 40 hours now and had 1 boot to menu with error report and 1 glitch with sound where I lost all in game music and sound effects apart from controller effects until I finished the run and reloaded the game. There have been so many patches though. If I'm on a good run I have to play in one sitting. Also, Adrenalin leech is the best artefact in the game, Rotlobber best weapon.

Finally managed to beat the first boss after too many hours, and after coming semi-close to call it quits. And I have only experienced 1/6 of the game. I’m not as good a player as I thought and biome 1 became a grind with little variation, unlike in Hades where I feel there is something new to explore at each run (just 2 escapes so far). But now to check out biome 2 and see how much I suck there.

I've not picked it back up since getting to the second Biome the investment of time per run, compared to the progress just feels so unbalanced at the moment. I think Eurogamer hit the nail on the head with their review its an amazing game but at times it just feels like its a game that doesn't want you to play it.

I approach it like an arcade game in the vein of Smash TV. The endgame might be too big an ask for me but it's fun to simply have a run, kick some ass clearing out areas, bask in the Alien architecture and see how far you get.

Think I need to get this...

Really did enjoy RE8 but that didn't last as long as I thought it might!

40 hours is a big timesink and people seem to be enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsThere View Post
    Think I need to get this...

Really did enjoy RE8 but that didn't last as long as I thought it might!

40 hours is a big timesink and people seem to be enjoying it.
    its already creeping down in price 52 at amazon FR

https://www.amazon.fr/Playstation-Re...otukdeals06-21

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I approach it like an arcade game in the vein of Smash TV. The endgame might be too big an ask for me but it's fun to simply have a run, kick some ass clearing out areas, bask in the Alien architecture and see how far you get.
    This is a great attitude. I never played Smash TV expecting to complete it. I’m still loving this having got over a major hump on biome 3 and flying through 4. Have left my PS5 on rest mode for last couple of days so god knows if that run is still waiting for me to carry on with it.

I’ve currently canned this because there’s seemingly a sound glitch that keeps affecting me and I’ve yet to find a solution for it not to happen, shame as I was REALLY enjoying it, I was at Biome 4 boss, which is where this sound glitch keeps happening.
    Also it’s a god damn cool boss fight that I would like to have some sound for, y’know because it’s specifically a musically related boss.

I had that sound glitch on 2 and lost all sound. I’m actually on biome 5 now not 4 and didn’t get the glitch on the boss so seems a bit random

So I got this, had a really good first run, got to the first boss. Died but enjoyed it. Few crap runs followed by a really good hour long one up to the boss again. Freeze. Crash. All progress lost.

That's fine for a game that saves progress and doesn't waste my time if there is an issue. Not fine here. I turned off in annoyance.