Flashback 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashback 2

Developer Microids has revealed it's working on a direct sequel to 16-bit sci-fi classic Flashback - something of a sur…

Microids has announced it's making a new Flashback 2 to be released on PC and additional formats in 2022. Nothing else has been announced about it so far including why it ignores Fade to Black

Bring back rotoscoping

Comment

I hope its not pixel art 2D.

Comment

Colour me excited. Loved Flashback - one of my favourite games upon release.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          I hope its not pixel art 2D.
          It will be fine if they aime for 16 or 32bit style. None of this 8bit **** that looks nothing like an 8bit game.

Comment

Clip art or bust.

Please be good, please be good, please be good.

Honestly, I could handle the exact same art style / feel as the original. Just make more of that. Lots more.

Comment

Delphine had a sequel in the works for the GBA that got canned if anyone didn't know: https://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/16/...beta-analysis/

I love the original game, but Fade to Black was an absolute stinker. I used to imagine what a 2D sequel would have been like on the Saturn, could have been amazing.

As for this, no idea. The original creator (Paul Cuisset) is involved and apparently leading the whole thing, which is a positive sign. I'd be happy if they just did it in the vein of Sonic Mania - basically same art style as the original but with a few effects and widescreen. Maybe expand the almost action RPG style seen in that second level where you're running around doing dangerous jobs. That bit was great. Main strength of the game was how it kept changing it up though.

Comment

Wasn't there already a Flashback 2? Fade to Black?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  Wasn't there already a Flashback 2? Fade to Black?
                  Yes but there are two Bubble Bobble 2s and about half a dozen Wonderboy 3s so why not, I say.

Thinking on it, even the original Flashback was at the time considered by many to be a sequel to Another World, even though it technically wasn’t, which itself went on to spurn a sequel of its own.

Comment

Cinematic platformers were a product of their time. The new Oddworld entry has left me awfully bored, I'm not having hopes for this one either.

Comment

Working...
                    X