No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Village

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to read some initially negative impressions turn out to be positive ones on here (better to have a strong finish than start).

I've cleared one of the houses and had a catch-up with The Duke (man does like his pork scratchings but I guess he's got that appeal like Ron Jeremy somehow).

Looking forward to getting back on it after finishing work today which is a sign of a game doing the right thing (that you can't wait to play it again).
    Last edited by Paddy; 14-05-2021, 14:39.

Comment

RE7 is on my backlog of shame, but I know the general gist of the game after it being out for so long. Would I lose much by jumping into this first? I believe there is a story recap at the start of this? Or at least a “how did they get here”?

Comment

Also did anyone get the deluxe edition? Are the extras any good?

Comment

Zaki if you need a lend of the game you should've just sent me a PM bud.

Comment

Knife only run was pretty easy, only one difficult bit -

you can't use the laser pointer on the Urus dude so you have to stab him in the knee about 500 times...

Turned to the Mercenaries and its good, more like RE:Revelations I think. And I think this is where the challenge is, getting an S rank seems to be tough! So some route learning is needed, and now i need these for the plat so gotta get through it.

Comment

Managed to clear the game on Wednesday evening so took a break and checked out The Mercenaries. Its quite fun as you choose what you want to power-up/sell before you enter the stages (I concentrate on one gun and sell the others and their bullets off. You then end up with a highly powered, rapid firing handgun for example).

Good fun and I'll be giving it another go later on.
              Last edited by Paddy; 26-05-2021, 06:39.

Comment

Couldn't resist starting my second play through last night. After my first run it was a toss-up between the infinite GM 79 (grenade launcher) and W870 TAC (shotgun). I went for the shotgun as there's a higher fun factor I reckon. I'm also fully upgraded health-wise (love the Duke, he's the best character in the game). I've done the castle and now I'm sweeping through the village again. Such a great game.
                Last edited by Atticus; 15-05-2021, 22:17.

Comment

Completed this today, 10 hours 44 minutes. Though it would have been longer than that with all the looking around I did.
                  Pretty good game overall but it wasn't an amazing game. I found part 7 to be more crap your pants than this. Also found the last area to be a bitch to navigate. kept getting lost.
                  Still, I'm happy to try the extras.

Comment

I cleared it last week. 8 hours something.
                    It's OK. As a game it's good, but as a resident evil it's lacking. 7 was better.
                    Its missing a lot of what made 7 so gritty and real in the effort to make it more 'fun'.
                    Its a 6/10 for me.
                    If it was VR though...

Comment

Just cleared my second run. Thought I was going at a fair old lick but I'm no speed-runner that's for sure Enjoyed my second play-through but I think I might be done now. Like Tom Fun, I may have extracted the maximum amount of fun from it.

Comment

I got to this point too Atticus, after 3 runs. I originally planned a 4th run on the hardest difficulty with infinite ammo weapons but I can't be arsed now

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          Completed this today, 10 hours 44 minutes. Though it would have been longer than that with all the looking around I did.
                          Pretty good game overall but it wasn't an amazing game. I found part 7 to be more crap your pants than this. Also found the last area to be a bitch to navigate. kept getting lost.
                          Still, I'm happy to try the extras.
                          Without going into detail the horror peaks in RE8 too early (you might be able to work out where I mean). It then falls into a more action-based formula with the occasional tense moment here and there. RE7 was able to keep you feeling uneasy and on edge for more of the game's runtime (its debatable whether the ship part is horror or a slog though).

In any case I'm happy to have played through it a couple of times. The freshness of the first playthrough was still a great and at times unnerving experience and that's what I want from a numbered entry in the series.

Comment

I’m not a hardcore resident evil fan but I enjoyed this. I’ve got no interest in playing it more than once but it has convinced me to give 7 another go which I put down after the first 30 minutes. I did find it strange that I was never particularly concerned about ammo or inventory size and was able to pick up everything I found. I remember this being one of the main mechanics of resident evil 4?

Comment

I love this game. The blend of puzzles, some backtracking, the action and the heavy inspiration from RE4 really gelled with me. Quite enjoyed the story though found it got a bit worse towards the end. Did enjoy all the Easter eggs, nods and such throughout to the older games in the series!

Certain parts of the game weren't as fun on NG+ and further runs but I still enjoyed soeedrunning it.

Mercanaries was fun but not as good as older versions.

Comment

Working...
                              X