No announcement yet.

Guilty Gear Strive PS4 and PS5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven;t been playing for the last week or so because I've been working to a big project deadline and I haven't got the mental energy for it. Desperate to get back to it and have occasionally had the Sony tournament streams on.

I think this has become my new favourite fighting game of all time. It used to be Super SF2 then SF Alpha 2 Dash but I think it's this now. I have spent hours and hours with Giovanna. I can't see an end in sight of my enjoyment playing her and I really want to play all the other characters as well. There isn't a character I have no interest in. Got the season pass to look forward to as well.

Comment

Had a nice clear day yesterday to really sink my teeth into this, and I like it! Went through the first few mission areas, a quick once-through of arcade mode, watched some story, and played quite a lot of the online mode. I'm hovering around floor 7 currently. I dig that they're all metal references.

I kinda skipped over Xrd, but at least for my boy Potemkin, he doesn't feel radically different to how he played in XX anyway which is fortunate. There's still plenty of other fundamental changes to the game's system though, and on top of learning how to play against each character, there's plenty of work to be done learning how to cut through all of the visual sheen to figure out what's going on. Definitely found myself very prone to characters like Chipp who were just rushing me down and mixing me up relentlessly. Knowing the right moment to slip in a command throw will hopefully begin to make the difference.

Should probably also try and learn a few other characters. Venom's absence is noted

Comment

That was my main grow when starting out too, the visual FX. Was difficult to see what was going on. However, I seem to have forgotten about all that now. This is my first Guilty Gear, so it was a tough slog at first, but I felt the game was quality and stuck with it. Now, 60 hours in and I still haven't played anything else since its release. Not saying I'm good at it, mind. I just can't put it down. Like you say, main obstacles now are match ups against the likes of Chipp and Millia who seem to whizz around my character for fun.
        Last edited by hudson; 11-07-2021, 09:12.

Comment

I played some on Friday with a few beers in me and my Giovanna didn't do at all well against Ms. Chopemon's Faust. However, I switched to Ramlethal and did much better. Think I'm going to spend more time with Ramlethal and use her as my main for a bit.

Comment

I went into the unranked Park area online tonight. I came across 2 Floor 10 players and had about 60 games between them. I won 4 matches. Royally humbled and washed. I left with my trousers around my ankles, whispering the word "pillow".

I learned a thing or two, so it wasn't wasted time *angryhappyface*

Comment

Played a set with [MENTION=3225]Street Turk[/MENTION] last night - he ended up with more than twice the win count that I did, but still had a load of fun. Anji's reversals are a good way to force you out of being too predictable throwing out the same moves

Comment

Yeah, lovely set. You did some beautiful reads for those anti air supers! Guaranteed win after one of those! Having a lot of fun with this..

Comment

You playing this on PS4? I've been meaning to get into this but haven't made a start yet. I wanted to start with Zato but he's supposed to be the most difficult.

Comment

I'm on PS5, but PS4/PS5 are totally interchangeable. You should get on it, mate!

Tried to do the 'extreme' path of arcade mode last night, and flipping heck Nagoriyuki is already an absolute nightmare at stage 8 (here is a 12 minute video of Maximillion getting told by him), but then realising that there's a stage 9, where on top of all the buffs he's already got, the damage scaling is tipped even further in his favour? Good grief - I am sure there are some cheese strats (please tell me them), but this has to be up there as one of the toughest fighting game bosses, no?

Comment

I haven't tried arcade yet but on the topic of Nagoriyuki, he is *the* coolest character design I've seen in ages. I want a spin off game like DMC with him in.

Comment

I've cooled on playing the game recently but might have a few rounds this weekend as it seems that a few of you are playing this quite regularly.

Positive news is that the game has reached the milestone of 500,000 units shipped so far (not bad for a niche weapons fighter within a month of release):

Hopefully its a sign the game will be supported for the next few years and it allows ASW to bring many of the legacy characters back over time.

Comment

DLC character 1 is Goldlewis Dickinson, launching on the 27th. There's a roadmap for all of the Season 1 DLC at the end of the trailer too.

Getting pretty comfy on floor 10 now, but also wanting to start to learn some other characters. Had a bit of a tinker with Ramlethal last night, but really struggling to keep up the pressure once I commit to using the swords.

Comment

Good going. I yo-yo between 7 and 8 I only have room in my brain and hands to play as one character.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                              I am sure there are some cheese strats (please tell me them), but this has to be up there as one of the toughest fighting game bosses, no?
                              Answering my own plea here, as some research showed that he often teleports in close so you can throw him, and also you can bait him into whiffing an attack with empty double jumps. There's still plenty of opportunites to get caught out, particularly given you've got to do about five times as much damage to kill him as you do with any normal character. Here's how I cheesed him out.

Comment

Anyone fancy helping me with a trophy? There's one for getting 10 jump attacks on an enemy who's whiffed an air throw, and it excludes local vs, training and the like. I've been playing on and off all day and it's just not a situation that seems to come up naturally...

Comment

Working...
                                X