Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GroovyMAME PC (Optiplex) 15hz/VGA for CRT/PVM/Cabs etc. - de-cased

Hi all,

Not sure how much interest this will garner but this is a pre set-up GroovyMAME PC all ready to run on your cab, PVM, CRT etc. etc. with correct resolutions are timing for 240p goodness. You can also use Retroarch with it's low-resolution switching abilities and configure that in AttractMode.

This is my own build based around an Optiplex 3010. I used it as a test rig on my cabs hence it is de-cased. As such be under no illusion that it looks pretty as it is just the bare components, however it's still streets ahead of something like a Raspberry Pi which I gave up using long ago.

It is set to boot when powered on and will boot straight into Attract Mode frontend which I've 'tastefully' modified in Egret 2 pink.

Spec is as follows:
    -i5 (or i7) - not that this matters for MAME, pretty sure it runs around 3ghz. Truth be told it's run EVERYTHING MAME-wise I've thrown at it, even the complex stuff. I've also had Saturn running correctly at 240p etc. so all seems well.
    -8gb DDR3 RAM
    -90GD SSD (more than enough for sets)
    -Windows 7 with CRTEmu Drivers running on a Radeon 5450 1gb GPU (VGA out)

I'm asking £100 shipped or £80 collected from Alton, GU34 (preferred) ONO. Just to be clear it's fully setup, but I won't be making any changes myself as I already have other arcade and non-arcade related projects on the go. However I'm happy to offer advice and guidance.

Cheers

Last edited by Escape-To-88; 15-05-2021, 11:35.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

@Baseley09 your inbox is full mate, I can't respond.

In case anyone else has the same query about connecting this:
    used both: https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-co.../dp/B0033AF5Y0
    To a PVM, or I used this device to connect it to SCART: http://arcadeforge.net/UMSA/UMSA-Ult...ml?language=en
    It's called a UMSA. I'm sure there are other connectors too. In my cabs I simply used a JPAC to connect the video signal and it goes VGA to VGA. I might have a spare JPAC, but would need to add in the cost of that if it was for a cab.

Comment

[MENTION=4553]Escape-To-88[/MENTION] Do you have a case for it or could it be cased? I would be looking to use it in a CRT. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
        [MENTION=4553]Escape-To-88[/MENTION] Do you have a case for it or could it be cased? I would be looking to use it in a CRT. Cheers
        Hi mate I don't as I binned the case ages ago as it was just use on a PCB MDF board to test. You could, of course, use an existing 3010 case I assume as that's what it came out of, or vuild your own.

Comment

Now pending.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
            Hi mate I don't as I binned the case ages ago as it was just use on a PCB MDF board to test. You could, of course, use an existing 3010 case I assume as that's what it came out of, or vuild your own.
            Cool thanks mate, give me a shout if it’s still available. Although looks like it may have sold. Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X