Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the talk me out of it thread haha..................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the talk me out of it thread haha..................

well this is a small community and we all have known each other or about each other for years, i've even spent time in your amazing company

This thread is to look out for your fellow forumite and if they are unsure or making rash decisions, come here and have others talk you out of it

like i seem to go through fads, all my life which mostly is video games and movies, now it seems limited edition switch games and bloody Lego, not for me i may add its for my son

every set i think he will like a set i end up buying and now i have a huge amount to build and now I've realised i hate building Lego after building the t-rex and gate and I've got Hogwarts castle waiting for me.

anything goes, buying, selling, life, marriage hahah anything

so someone please tell me how daft i am for financially crushing myself under a weight of Lego and switch games haha

I dont get the switch game thing. Presumably it's Limited Run type stuff. So, a 5 quid (or free in some cases, on PC) game slapped on a cart and they only make a thousand but charge 50 quid. I'm no expert but if they were a regular 30 quid non limited release generally they would only sell that many copies, or less, anyway. Far too many people are buying them to flog in the future so I doubt many of these will be future goldmines either.

So yeah, just buy digital and save yourself the cash!

As for Lego, your eyes are bigger than your stomach! Maybe get some smaller bitesize sets like speed champions or something ��

Comment

The two things that I always think when I'm about to buy lego are...
      1: Price. Do I have the cash?
      2: Shelf Space. Do I have a spot for it?

Comment

Haha

1. No
        2. Whenever I build something like indominous attack at the mansion or avengers HQ my partner's wee girl breaks them down, the mansion is in a shoebox haha

Never wanted to hurt a 4 year old so much in my life (joke)

Comment

Every time you want to buy something, find a picture of Bernie Sanders saying "Are you sure?"
          The answer will invariably be "no" and so DON'T BUY IT.

Let me know if it works, I'm off shopping...

Comment

My daughter has had a bunch of LEGO Friends kits for her 5th birthday and we build them together. I get the pieces and I show her how to put them together and she does it. It's tempting, but important not to take over.
            Once built, she plays with them for hours. All her characters have American accents!

My son has built a few kits, but they end up getting dismantled and never rebuilt. It drove me crackers, because LEGO is bloody expensive.

So recently, we've built a few Hogwarts kits, added some aftermarket light kits and put them on display in a bookcase.

Then everybody is happy.

For you, Buster, I suggest you look on eBay for the LEGO friends kits as I think she'll click more with those and they're cheaper there. We got some kits that weren't in the original box, but all the parts were there.

I think some random creative kits would be of more benefit if she's into creative play, rather than playing with sets.
            You need to think about how she will play with them, rather than you, if that's who they're for.
            I bought a big box of LEGO off eBay with a load of random pieces like spaceship parts and that's lasted us well.

It's weird how LEGO has moved from a toy where you use your imagination and creativity to create something, to these kits with bespoke parts that must be built a very specific way and never played with!

As for the limited games, I agree that they don't hold much market value and the games are normally poor.

Comment

Considering going for a full Japanese CERO Vita set. I'm 140ish deep already and with the current PEGI/ESRB prices, I can sell my Silent Hill for an easy £80, but the Japanese version and still have £65 left over...... P4G I can sell for £50-80. The Japanese copy I got cost £3something.

Am I doing something stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                Considering going for a full Japanese CERO Vita set. I'm 140ish deep already and with the current PEGI/ESRB prices, I can sell my Silent Hill for an easy £80, but the Japanese version and still have £65 left over...... P4G I can sell for £50-80. The Japanese copy I got cost £3something.

Sounds like you have most of this worked out. Are you going to miss any of the stuff you are selling?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  Sounds like you have most of this worked out. Are you going to miss any of the stuff you are selling?
                  Not really. I have three 3.60 Enso systems, so it's not like I wouldn't actually be able to play the English language versions anyway. Only thing is, a rough estimate has JP physical at anything between 750-1050 titles! Still probably cheaper than a full PEGI/ESRB set!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                    Remember when you tried to get a full GBA collection, you crazy loon?!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Remember when you tried to get a full GBA collection, you crazy loon?!
                      Yeah. Then prices rose. CERO Vita is still cheap, but I can see me selling this stuff at the current rate and then prices on everything shoots right up!

Comment

I'd say do what makes you happy, but it didn't sound like collecting the GBA games made you happy.

Make sure you're not dropping into a money pit and collecting stuff for the sake of it with a pile of game cases gathering dust because you can't bear to unwrap something or you have 15 pachislot simulators.

Choice is yours, mate, but you have a chance to step away before you step onto that slippy slope again.

Definitely not telling you how to spend your money, I'm asking if it'll bring more stress than happiness.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          I'd say do what makes you happy, but it didn't sound like collecting the GBA games made you happy.

Make sure you're not dropping into a money pit and collecting stuff for the sake of it with a pile of game cases gathering dust because you can't bear to unwrap something or you have 15 pachislot simulators.

Choice is yours, mate, but you have a chance to step away before you step onto that slippy slope again.

Definitely not telling you how to spend your money, I'm asking if it'll bring more stress than happiness.
                          To be honest, I really enjoy scouring Japanese auctions for bargains and those little blue cases look awesome on a shelf. Plus I'll be able to pick up loads of stuff when I finally get to go on my now twice re-arranged trip to Tokyo! I also don't buy sealed stuff in general. The only sealed JP games I have are sealed because i just haven't got round to playing them yet!

The GBA collecting was a chore because we all know Nintendo cardboard boxes are a ****er to get in mint condition! JP Vita games in general are almost always at least near mint!

Comment

That would be a serious collection. Has anyone managed it that you’ve seen?

Comment

No one in the west from what I can tell as everyone seems to be going bat **** over PEGI/ESRB/Limited print stuff. There are a few expensive ones, namely things like the Soul Sacrifice demo carts, but I picked those up really cheap in a junk listing a while back. The biggest issue will be that certain games got multiple versions like Gundam Breaker. One standard release and one that came packed in with the limited edition console. One has a barcode and the other doesn’t, as well as both having different SKU’s. Again, I’m lucky as I have a couple of games like that already so don’t have to buy the console just for that version.

Comment

Working...
                              X