• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro|Spective 189: Another Code

History in Games:
    2005 - Another Code: Two Memories
    2009 - Another Code R: A Journey into Lost Memories

Overview:
    During the peak days of Nintendo's Touch Generation a new IP was launched offering a take on the point and click genre which saw players take on the role of Ashley Robbins as she searched Blood Edward Island in search of her father. Players would find clues by solving puzzles that utilised the DS's touch screens and this use of the systems abilities carried over into the second game on the Wii where Ashley attempts to uncover the mystery of her mother's earlier death.

Both games drew a subset of fans drawn in by the series warm, relaxed pace whilst critics found the game lengths to be too short and puzzles too easy. The series never made it beyond this generation due to sales being too low for the console based second game however.

Did you warm to the tale of Ashley's search for her father and history?

I remember the DS game more strongly, it was a decent little title and though it was short I don't think the story would have sustained a longer game. I have played the Wii version but it doesn't stand out in my memory as well, it'd be interesting to revisit it sometime

Comment

I didn't finish the DS game but liked what I played and intend to go back to it. I have the Wii version but not played it yet. I listen to the soundtrack a lot as it is good chill music to work to.

Comment

Working...
      X