Name a game that had a silly amount of secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name a game that had a silly amount of secrets

One I remember and enjoyed quite a lot was Addams Family on (I think Amiga and later for consoles). I remember going into rooms and the secret rooms getting deeper within other secret rooms. It was crazy and fun.

Rainbow island easily fits the bill there’s so many hidden powerups that you can play for years and still never see them as there’s very specific conditions for them appearing, some of them been they only appear after so many games or certain things been done. Then there’s the monumental task to see the true ending something I have only pulled off a handful of times in the arcades.

Comment

I seem to recall a secret in Colin McRae Rally where, if you drive off into the trees on a certain track, you get kidnapped by aliens in an X-Files spoof. You'd think someone was pulling your leg but it really happens; a beam of light comes down from the sky and picks up the car!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        I seem to recall a secret in Colin McRae Rally where, if you drive off into the trees on a certain track, you get kidnapped by aliens in an X-Files spoof. You'd think someone was pulling your leg but it really happens; a beam of light comes down from the sky and picks up the car!
        Ha this checks out

Comment

I never knew about that! Really cool.

Comment

To be fair, the UFO storyline in GTAIV is insanely convoluted and people have been researching it for years!

Comment

Alfred the Chicken on the Amiga had lots of secret bits and bobs.

Comment

Does Zelda OOT count? Always seemed a bit daunting trying to finish all the side quests.

Comment

MGS3 has a bonkers amount of secrets, easter eggs and unlockables.

Loads of things to find but also ways to defeat bosses and even avoid the bats in a cave.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    Rainbow island easily fits the bill there’s so many hidden powerups that you can play for years and still never see them as there’s very specific conditions for them appearing, some of them been they only appear after so many games or certain things been done. Then there’s the monumental task to see the true ending something I have only pulled off a handful of times in the arcades.
                    Definitely! The hidden islands make up about a third of the game!

Bubble Bobble is similar with three endings. The best of which is obtained by decoding messages in the secret rooms to discover a code which you enter on the title screen to unlock "Super Bubble Bobble", the extra difficult mode that is the way to save all your family.

Staying on a Taito theme, New Zealand story has quite a few hidden warps and a "heaven" stage.

Comment

I was going to mention Bubble Bobble, no point logging in lol.

I still wonder how knowledge of the original Street Fighter 2 glitches travelled worldwide before most people were online. Not later but early in the game's life cycle especially considering most of them were in the early version / boards.

Comment

Doom, Doom II etc.

SotN.

Comment

I always thought Mario World had a lovely amount of secrets.

Comment

Super Metroid has these charge beam variants that I wasn't aware of until recent times. The game has some breakable walls etc ala Castlevania too. Areas that look like they can be got to, but you can't quite make it.

Comment

I'm going to mention Lost Planet 2, which had an insane amount of amazing things that players had to discover themselves.
                              Makes me sad that we're coming up to 10 years since the last Lost Planet game.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Here are some awesome co-op features in Lost Planet 2 you might have missed:

Nuclear Missile, Black Hole Vs

and
                              (totally indulgent merging animation) Mech Merging

Support Weapons Super Team-Up - Supernova Attack & Gunsword Attack

Comment

Working...
                              X