Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Terraonion FPGA product

what could it be?

they have got the heavy hitters covered, PlayStation**/PC Engine CD/Saturn/Dreamcast/Neo Geo and Megadrive,CD.

**not sure if the Mode covers this as there was talk it would support it in the future?)

im leaning towards Neo Geo CD but we could have:
    Wii or Wii U?
    Gamecube?
    Xbox?
    PS3?

well find out at 4pm today
    Last edited by beecee; 28-05-2021, 07:20.

MODE support for more systems would be great obviously getting the Saturn, DC and PlayStation first made sense but I'd like to see it expanded to the 3DO, Jag CD etc.

As for today's reveal I'm guessing it will be a FPGA recreation of the Neo-Geo.

Comment

It's a ODE for FM Towns as they all have knacked dusc drives. Ah..... If only.

Comment

A FPGA recreation of the FM Towns would be amazing. I'd like to see other Japanese computer formats, like the X68000 and NEC PC machines, and their libraries made more accessible to worldwide audiences.

Comment

A tiny recreation of the X68000 with an FPGA inside would be an awesome thing to have on your desk!

Comment

It’s something NES related I think.

Comment

So it's a new PC Engine ODE with HDMI output, SuperGrafx support (via FPGA) and a bunch of other features. All very nice, though it's a bit annoying when I already forked out quite a lot of the original Super SD System 3 which I've never been able to get clean video output from (and which probably just lost a lot of its second hand value).

I would've liked a PS2 ODE!

Comment

There's the announce video.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  A tiny recreation of the X68000 with an FPGA inside would be an awesome thing to have on your desk!
                  Like a MiSTer you mean? X68000 core already works although there is more work in progress, including the ability to use the mt32pi system for Roland mt32 support.

Comment

Wow, that’s cool, I didn’t know that

Is there an X68000 shaped shell too, or is that asking too much?!
                    [MENTION=13392]ZipZap[/MENTION] a PS2 ODE can be achieved with an official network adapter, a 3.5” IDE HDD and a copy of HDLoader. There are probably better, cleverer ways of doing HDLoader these days with softmodded memory cards, too.

Comment

No x68000 case but know of. I’m trying to figure out how to case mine. It does so many things that I don’t want to make a clone of an existing thing. I’m thinking of creating a FPGAmiga but that would really be just a badge I’d put on it.

Comment

Well that was a disappointment, just a new version of the system 3.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Wow, that’s cool, I didn’t know that

Is there an X68000 shaped shell too, or is that asking too much?!
                          @ZipZap a PS2 ODE can be achieved with an official network adapter, a 3.5” IDE HDD and a copy of HDLoader. There are probably better, cleverer ways of doing HDLoader these days with softmodded memory cards, too.

Yeah I set this up about a decade ago, but it always seemed a bit unreliable. Not sure if it was something in my setup (although I bought a brand new HDD and that didn't improve the situation, if anything it was worse!). I think there are other options out there, but they don't seem to have quite the same flexibility and ease of use as the Terra Onion products. I'd also quite like something that goes into the slim due to its tiny size and PS1 support would be the icing on the cake. That's my fantasy ODE for now anyway

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
                            Yeah I set this up about a decade ago, but it always seemed a bit unreliable. Not sure if it was something in my setup (although I bought a brand new HDD and that didn't improve the situation, if anything it was worse!). I think there are other options out there, but they don't seem to have quite the same flexibility and ease of use as the Terra Onion products. I'd also quite like something that goes into the slim due to its tiny size and PS1 support would be the icing on the cake. That's my fantasy ODE for now anyway
                            Yeah, it’s a bit of a clunky setup. It’s always worked well for me though. Was a lifesaver when my PS2 laser started to get funny about dual layer DVDs!

Comment

And there I thought it'd be an ODE for the PC-FX. Well, at least I got the original console manufacturer right :P
                              Interesting product refresh, but I'll be keeping the original for the time being...Super GrafX games aren't worth that kind of money, especially when I already have the console.

Comment

Working...
                              X