Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky is really beautiful, shame it's gimped with microtransactions i'd have happily bought it at full price like i did with all their other games but hey it's free so i can live with it. Played the first 3 areas but still unclear on a lot of stuff.

Comment

Couldn't stop playing sky till i saw the end it's so stunningly beautiful the combination of the music & those graphics. As you play make sure you make time to make as many friends as possible on your journey, also at a certain point you will see people frozen as statues make it a point to try and return the light to as many as you possibly can. Won't say any more than that.

Comment

Neoscorp recently did a special event to allow people to attebd their offices to a specilly set up area to play a small amount of shinchan bokunatsu a few youtubers and members of the public went to the event, here's 30 mins of gameplay from the beginning part of the game. Obvs all in japanese but people may enjoy watching all the same.

Comment

Discovered there's a demo out of that weird ghost arcade shooting range game (moshikashi.te obake no shatekiya) you only get to play one level of the main mode but it's a LOT of fun pure japanese arcade madness. They joycon motion control takes a little getting used to and you can recenter at any time which helps a lot, the game however only works with single joycons there's no pro controller mode at all the game is clear to mention this. You can play in portable mode too, you have a money reserve which you convert to medals just like the arcade version & these medals are your ammo in the game each shot costs so many medals with the corks been light so they don't knock over stuff that well then theres the heavier metal ball bearings which knock over bigger items and then the most expensive ammo which is the rockets and they knock over nearly everything. You have a couple of rounds in the demo at the shooting arena knocking down prizes for medals there's sometimes items that are posessed by ghosts that if you kill will give you extra items. After those are done you move onto a auto scroll section where you make your way through an area dispatching ghosts in waves till you get to a boss if you defeat it then you get a lot of cash to your reserves which you can then spend on other stuff in the other modes however the demo doesn't let you explore those sections but there looks like there's plenty to do including ghost bounty missions where you have to hunt & take out certain wanted ghosts as you find them.

This is one of those games that are perfect for when you have friends over although it combines yokai and festivals & dagashi so i was already won over. Pure japanese bonkers action, if anyones got access to the japanese eshop give the demo a try.

This is one round in the full version of the game
          Last edited by importaku; 03-07-2021, 02:07.

Comment

Another one i somehow just ignored, watched a video of what it is like & now it's on the list to buy it looks like a lot of fun. Tsuri spirits

Comment

New Switch. OLED Model. New stand. That's pretty much it.

Kept waiting for the part where they say they fixed the Joycons. Didn't happen.

Comment

Oh - please god - please - let this be the culmination of the Switch Pro years of rumours. There wouldn't be a laughing animated gif powerful enough for the hysteria there's been

Comment

I took it as a given that it is. They aren't going to announce this and then announce anything else new any time soon, I reckon.

Comment

Hilariously and predictably underwhelming.

It doesn't seem to even have a new chip in it for minor resolution/framerate bumps, as rumoured.

Comment

It's a phenomonally dark dark for many 'industry insiders'. Sweet jesus, what massive waste of time. I bet it's five minutes before we hear countless tales of hinge wear on that rear stand as well

Comment

Pointless, even by Nintendo iteration standards.

Comment

Same battery life, still 720p

Love how Eurogamer completely glosses over the vast sea of misinformation that's been reported on over the last few months

Comment

Nintendo Switch OLED: It'll Be Alwhite On The Night

Comment

It's about what I expected from Nintendo with some missed opportunities.

The kickstand is a massive improvement but then the last one was like a matchstick. The screen is nicer at 7" and I'm ok with 720p because at that screen size it's still good enough and battery life isn't affected. Can't comment on the OLED piece until I've seen it.

Having a dedicated LAN port in the dock. I seriously never understood why they didn't have one all along. Costs nothing really and should make online games so much better for it.

What's missing is no onboard Bluetooth support for wireless headsets. Really? I mean come on... It's a handheld in 2021, every phone can do this.

And the big one. The joy cons... We all know they're crap and despite repairing them they could have at least brought it out a better revised set. As it stands I actually don't mind the unit but it's not enough really to warrant the upgrade.

Comment

LOL i can pass, would rather be using my money on games than a pointless upgrade. Only time this would ever seem tempting is if my current switch totally died on me.

Comment

Working...
                                X