This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Honestly, I'd be more inclined to say the OG model. Like everyone else says it's hardly durable but by the sounds the newer version will have smaller bezels so be easier to screen damage when dropped. The Lite is also stuck due to its design, if you get stick drift you're knackered and it's a thinner cheaper feeling device. With the OG it's still prone to damage but at the least somewhat modular so if a joycon, dock, main unit etc breaks or is damaged you could easily ebay a replacement at worst rather than the whole unit or a more expensive version
    I'd go with this... You can stick a protector and case on either but with the lite version if those sticks or buttons go that's it, repair time. At least with the original switch you can, well... Switch the joy-cons if they break. You can also swap them for other 3rd party joy cons that are more durable or better in certain games.

The original is more versatile by far, and still a great handheld...

Comment

Game Builder Garage is just a few days away.

It's been a long time since I've looked forward to a game as much as this.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathAdder View Post

I'm just afraid I'll end up neglecting it like I do most things.

Comment

I'm tempted but afraid it'll end the usual way with me. I'll throw my heart and soul into making the best DIY game ever. I'll succeed magnificently. Then two or three people will play it, and one may give it a heart. And that will be that and I'll sulk. Same pattern with Little Big Planet, Warioware DIY, Super Mario Maker 2.

Comment

Yep, same with my life too. And then one day you’re dead. Hardly seems worth it. Especially if you can’t get it on physical.

Comment

I was never any good at making Mario levels, but I spent many hours in RPG Maker, even if I never uploaded a completed game. It was fun and satisfying to make them.

This looks far more accessible than RPG Maker, so hopefully I can make some good stuff.

Is it just PAL land not getting a physical version? Japan is - mine is pre-ordered.

Comment

NA apparently has a physical version coming, so I guess so.

Comment

It's quite irksome, the way Europe is overlooked. Not getting physical version of the Great Attorney double-pack in July either.

Comment

It is annoying, but at least all the consoles are region free these days.

Comment

Yup that’s a biggie for me it’s great it’s region free not only software but the eshops too way better than it used to be but it still sucks that the Japanese eshop refuses to accept uk credit cards or Paypal I have to ghetto fund via adding funds to 3ds and then my switch sharing the balance although that method is on a time limit as at some point they will close the 3ds eshop. I refuse to pay inflated prices for eshop cards from the likes of playasia

Comment

Another new trailer for shinchan boku natsu, so looking forward to this the more i see of it. Liking how you can use your mysterious camera to capture events which you can then help the local tourist paper to help promote kumamoto.

Comment

I was never any good at making Mario levels, but I spent many hours in RPG Maker, even if I never uploaded a completed game. It was fun and satisfying to make them.

This looks far more accessible than RPG Maker, so hopefully I can make some good stuff.

Is it just PAL land not getting a physical version? Japan is - mine is pre-ordered.
                          It’s just Europe. Even Australia are getting a physical release!

Comment

I’d love to hear Nintendo Europe’s reasoning for no physical release seeing as it has multingual language support even in the japan version so it’s not like they are having to struggle to release it in several euro languages.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              I’d love to hear Nintendo Europe’s reasoning for no physical release seeing as it has multingual language support even in the japan version so it’s not like they are having to struggle to release it in several euro languages.
                              Don't quote me on this, but I suspect it's Capcom's decision, and I believe they're going to avoid it because they're concerned about what happened with Ace Attorney Investigations; it sold really badly and they decided to only release AA games digitally in future in the EMEA regions.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                Don't quote me on this, but I suspect it's Capcom's decision
                                You're not the boss of me!

(I am a bit confused by no European release for Great Ace Attorney too, given various news sources seemed to think it was happening)

Comment

Working...
                                X