This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a PS5 owner you probably wouldn't understand

Seriously you made me check I'd spelt it correctly!

Comment

I tested this earlier and, at least with my headphones, it's bobbins

I connected my trusty old Bose Soundlink AE2s without issue, but the lag while playing Mario Kart was significant. Really quite offputting and a bit of a shame.

Perhaps results will be better with more recent Bluetooth audio gear however.

Comment

Looking forward to Genki comparisons.

Comment

I just tried it with my AirPods Pros and there’s a delay but it’s nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be - much better than the latency I get with Windows. It feels like 200ms or a bit less than that.

I just played through a stage in Super Mario 3D World with no trouble.

Super Mario All-Stars was worse because it’s 2D and faster paced so the delay was more noticeable.

Comment

Apparently if you enable it, while the bluetooth headset is connected, the machine can only connect to 2 controllers (I think the Switch can, under normal circumstances, connect to 8 controllers).

But that means it's fine for handheld solo play, which is what I imagine this will be for. I need to set it up; I used to do this with my PSVita on the train.

Comment

Good god Nintendo can you actually do anything right apart from the actual in house games, and even thats a big IF you can be bothered to grace us with a rare release.

It shouldn’t be this hard.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Good god Nintendo can you actually do anything right apart from the actual in house games, and even thats a big IF you can be bothered to grace us with a rare release.

It shouldn’t be this hard.
                C'mon, it makes sense. They're adding a feature to a machine with no new hardware, and there's a limit to the bandwidth of the bluetooth connection (as it's BTLP hardware).

Much as it's crap that they didn't do it from the start, I think it's pretty good of them to add it post-release.

Hell, when Apple added copy-paste to the iPhone, they put it on the iPhone 4 and not the 3GS, just because. Like it works on the 3GS in hacked software; they just disabled it to make it a "feature" of the iPhone 4.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=221]nonny[/MENTION], I saw you post on EG about getting 2FA removed on your UK Nintendo account after linking it with your US one.

Firstly, I'm really happy you got it sorted out!

Secondly, could you tell me a bit more about what you did? It sounds like a good backup strategy for anyone with multiple accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                    Hey [MENTION=221]nonny[/MENTION], I saw you post on EG about getting 2FA removed on your UK Nintendo account after linking it with your US one.

Firstly, I'm really happy you got it sorted out!

Secondly, could you tell me a bit more about what you did? It sounds like a good backup strategy for anyone with multiple accounts.

Hey mate... sure as it was an absolute pain in the butt.

Basically I had placed 2FA on my main UK account and then sold my switch last year. Then when I picked up a Switch Lite recently I realised I didn't have the backup codes for 2FA any more because my wife had deleted them off OneDrive not understanding what they were... I didn't have any emails backed up and my phone had also been in for repair to the fingerprint scanner and they'd factory reset it so I had lost my google authenticator setup.

So I contacted Nintendo UK, which currently is email only... and tried to explain all of this to them under the support selection of "issues with 2FA" in their customer support site.

I got assigned a guy dealing with the ticket and a boilerplate list of identification pieces to send in to prove I was the account owner. This included the email of the account, my DOB, 3 known eShop digital purchases, my account nickname and serial number of the assigned console.

Of course I didn't have the console any more but knew I had wiped it before sale so I knew the serial number on my account was blank, plus I knew most of what I had purchased on the eShop (a good 40+ titles) etc...

Anyway... over about 30 emails back and forth I kept getting declined as not having enough information, and the guy who was dealing with me was a bit of a pr1ck about it and just kept sending me back a template response of what was required (the same original email).

In that time I had gone into paypal and my linked bank account and I could see that paypal was still linked to Nintendo for purchases and I could see history of quite a few transactions. So I started sending them this information to show where purchases would marry up to titles bought in the eShop on the account.

They still wouldn't budge... so then I emailed and suggested I send them photo ID (Passport and Driver License) held by myself with a timestamp along with HMRC email correspondence etc... essentially prove I am this person and this is my email and other identification. Still they said that wasn't what they needed and that is wasn't satisfactory.

So I had all but given up but then decided to try a different approach.

I have both a UK and US nintendo account for buying off the different eShops, and I knew my US account was setup with the same email address just using an alias extension (using +us) so effectively exact same email inbox, same user. I logged into my US account and sent a family request to my UK account and this triggered an email to be sent saying "Nonny US want's you to join their family" etc... that email actually displays the account nickname.

Turns out I had gotten the account nickname wrong by one character (a space) in my support emails... so I then went back to UK support with the new credentials but amazingly that same guy still denied me and said I didn't have enough proof.

Needless to say I was over it at this stage so I decided to try something else. I raised a brand new support call under the topic of "forgotten my login credentials" where I sent in all the same information both for my UK and US accounts and explained I had mistakenly setup 2FA on one and lost my codes.

This got re-routed to a completely different department in support and they unlocked the account (removed 2FA) immediately.

Long story short... don't lose your 2FA backup codes, triple store them away somewhere. Failing that don't give up if you are stuck like I was and try a different support person because quite frankly the original guy was an absolute see you next tuesday.

Comment

Wow, what a hassle. Glad you got it sorted.

Comment

Cheers. I'm an idiot for losing the codes and in part Nintendo were just doing their job but there's definitely more to do where 2FA stops the original owner through human mistakes.

In my case I just felt like they gave me the run around when from my side I was just attempting to do everything plausible to show proof of identity and ownership.

Comment

Seeing the likes of Mushihimesama and Espagaluda II on Switch; what's the best CAVE shooter to start off with? I'm new to danmaku stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                            Cheers. I'm an idiot for losing the codes and in part Nintendo were just doing their job but there's definitely more to do where 2FA stops the original owner through human mistakes.

In my case I just felt like they gave me the run around when from my side I was just attempting to do everything plausible to show proof of identity and ownership.
                            Thanks for the detailed post. It was nail-biting stuff

I guess they were being deliberately obtuse because they’ve got more to lose from social engineering than they have to gain from going the extra mile for a genuine account holder with a problem.

I was reading up on accounts before selling my Wii U and I think people were saying the serial number was still tied to their account after removing it from the console. They didn’t have any means to do it on the console and had to call Nintendo to get it removed.

I’ll make sure to save my serial number somewhere just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              Seeing the likes of Mushihimesama and Espagaluda II on Switch; what's the best CAVE shooter to start off with? I'm new to danmaku stuff.
                              I'd go with Mushihimesama over Espgaluda II, as the latter has a slightly more complicated scoring system. I also read that the Espgaluda port isn't the best compared to the 360 version.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                                the original guy was an absolute see you next tuesday.

Can't understand normal thinking.

Comment

Working...
                                X