Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No physical release no purchase afaic . The Nintendo website is a f***ing mess since they changed it a while back

Comment

Sky: Children of the Light

"From the award-winning creators behind Journey (2013 Game of The Year) and the highly-acclaimed Flower, comes a ground-breaking social adventure that is set to warm your hearts.

Welcome to the enchanting world of Sky, a beautifully-animated kingdom waiting to be explored by you and your loved ones.

In Sky, we arrive as the Children of the Light, spreading hope through the desolate kingdom to return fallen Stars to their constellations.

In the kingdom of Sky, you can...

Soar and explore 7 dreamlike realms to uncover the mystery
      Encounter and socialize with like-minded players from around the world
      Feel free to express yourself with a delightful selection of character customizations
      Team up with others to adventure into darker realms, save spirits and uncover ancient treasures
      Gift candles of light to share appreciation and grow friendships
      Enjoy a unique musical experience and create harmonies together
      Join an ever-expanding world with new upcoming attractions, including seasonal events and expansion of realms"

Comment

They could have chosen a subtitle a little more different to Ubisoft's Child Of Light...at first I thought it was a sequel to that!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Don't quote me on this, but I suspect it's Capcom's decision, and I believe they're going to avoid it because they're concerned about what happened with Ace Attorney Investigations; it sold really badly and they decided to only release AA games digitally in future in the EMEA regions.
          I will quote you.

As solid as that reasoning sounds, it doesn't really wash.

Ace Attorney really doesn't do any better sales-wise in Japan but that doesn't stop Capcom releasing physical versions of the series over there despite considerably more demand for physical versions of Ace Attorney coming from western gamers. Additionally, it isn't just Ace Attorney - a large chunk of Capcom's output on the Switch has been digital only in the west and in some case, even just in Europe. It's obviously an across-the-board cost-cutting measure that they made long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post

"From the award-winning creators behind Journey (2013 Game of The Year) and the highly-acclaimed Flower, comes a ground-breaking social adventure that is set to warm your hearts.

Welcome to the enchanting world of Sky, a beautifully-animated kingdom waiting to be explored by you and your loved ones.

In Sky, we arrive as the Children of the Light, spreading hope through the desolate kingdom to return fallen Stars to their constellations.

Feel free to express yourself with a delightful selection of character customizations
            Team up with others to adventure into darker realms, save spirits and uncover ancient treasures
            Join an ever-expanding world with new upcoming attractions, including seasonal events and expansion of realms"
            this has been free on mobile for over a year hopefully it wont get the nintendo tax added to it as its an old mobile game.

Welcome to the enchanting world of Sky, a beautifully-animated kingdom waiting to be explored by you and your loved ones. Hand in hand, take flight across seven realms, solve mysteries, help others, make friends, and create enriching memories together. Spread Light through the desolate kingdom and return the fallen Stars to their constellations.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              I will quote you.

As solid as that reasoning sounds, it doesn't really wash.

Ace Attorney really doesn't do any better sales-wise in Japan but that doesn't stop Capcom releasing physical versions of the series over there despite considerably more demand for physical versions of Ace Attorney coming from western gamers. Additionally, it isn't just Ace Attorney - a large chunk of Capcom's output on the Switch has been digital only in the west and in some case, even just in Europe. It's obviously an across-the-board cost-cutting measure that they made long ago.
              Fair. Truthfully it might because they know that the games have very little replay value. I've played the first four on DS, but I sold all of them once done.

Comment

I don't know if I'm in a bad mood today, but that queasily saccharine blurb makes me want to spew rainbows.

Comment

Skyward Sword HD stuff (game, joy-con, amiibo ) now all up for pre-order on MyNintendoStore UK.

Comment

Roll on a Super Mario 3D Collection 2 containing Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mario Kart Wii and Super Paper Mario

If they get through Wii ports fast enough they may even finally get around to filling the Switch schedule with Gamecube ports next... I'd still buy them mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

If they get through Wii ports fast enough they may even finally get around to filling the Switch schedule with Gamecube ports next... I'd still buy them mind.
                      Roll on FlingSmash Deluxe then!

Comment

Errm... What gives? I'm sure I played this years ago.

Comment

Things i learnt today. As i love playing music games i prefer to do it with headphones but on switch in docked mode not the most practical way using wired ones like i do in handheld mode. I was looking online to see if there was any form of blutooth way to connect seems there's a whole world of dongles to plug in and use wireless headphones. The only pair i have are the official PS4 wireless one which i never expected to work as they use their own usb dongle, but i plugged in my PS4 wireless dongle into the dock and boom what do you know they actually work. All this time i could have been using them, damn it lol.

Saved me some cash (for more games lol)

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            Things i learnt today. As i love playing music games i prefer to do it with headphones but on switch in docked mode not the most practical way using wired ones like i do in handheld mode. I was looking online to see if there was any form of blutooth way to connect seems there's a whole world of dongles to plug in and use wireless headphones. The only pair i have are the official PS4 wireless one which i never expected to work as they use their own usb dongle, but i plugged in my PS4 wireless dongle into the dock and boom what do you know they actually work. All this time i could have been using them, damn it lol.

Saved me some cash (for more games lol)
                            Pretty sure we covered this a few years back...

Comment

Pretty sure we covered this a few years back...
                              I work at my own speed, don't shame me

Comment

Nintendo digital sale starts on the 15th.

Comment

Working...
                                X