Egret II mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    Kinda obligated at this point, but man I hope that shipping cost finds some way to shrink down before next March.
    Just lobbed a pre-order in on Amazon and it's come to just over 88,000 yen including shipping and customs fee charge.

Comment

I initially went for the ultimate bundle on Amazon JP but the shipping was over £200! Ended up cancelling that and I ordered the Egret and the 3 controllers separately and saved on the £200. I’ll only be missing the CD, book and the instruction cards, probably not worth the extra moolah anyway.

Comment

I'm guessing you guys are ordering direct? i'm hoping i can get around it by keeping the shipping to domestic japan then getting tenso to ems mine over to me although it's going to weigh a ton so i'm expecting the shipping cost to be over £100 at a minimum. still no idea what size that spinner panel is, the pics don't give a good guess. Is it going to be huge like the astro arcade stick or some small thing.

Comment

How are you guys getting these prices? Must be a UK thing. Like I wrote above I paid Y39000 (~£250) for the Mini, paddle controller, customs fees and shipping (2-3 days with DHL). That's everything except for the regular style gamepad, right?
          Last edited by Nico87; 04-06-2021, 13:39.

Comment

The spinner features in the YouTube vid and looks pretty much full sized. It’s a swathe of great accessories but it’s sorely missing the riser that the Astro City Mini had to truly look the part. Hopefully they announce one in the future.

Comment

There is an arcade stick as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                How are you guys getting these prices? Must be a UK thing. Like I wrote above I paid Y39000 (~£250) for the Mini, paddle controller, customs fees and shipping (2-3 days with DHL). That's everything except for the regular style gamepad, right?
                On Amazon, the big set is around Y49,000, shipping is Y21,000-something and customs Y14,000-odd. Presumably the shipping will come down, because the Astro, pad and stick didn't come to that shipping-wise when they shipped.

Comment

Oh, I thought the arcade stick was for 2 player. Is it full-sized like the Astro Mini one?

Comment

It sounds like it’s smaller than the Astro City Mini stick, the Astro stick dimensions are 350 x 120 x 240mm. The Egret stick is 240 x 100 x 91mm according to their site.

Comment

Oh wow I did not picture the extra controllers - either the stick or the spinner versions - to be that large. I was expecting more like 12cm across like with the Astro City Mini controllers. Even still the stick version doesn't appeal to me that much, whereas the spinner set comes with the extra games that it enables.

Comment

Hmm interesting as i dug through taitos website it seems that the SD card bundled with the spinner panel is not the only SD card they plan on releasing i found a bit saying they plan to release additional titles via SD cards too.

Comment

Not sure how I feel about these properly sized arcade sticks sold separately. I mean, I get that the controller on the system itself is barely usable due to the size, but the sticks are very expensive for being system exclusive (apart from PC) and are apparantly only of decent quality. Wish they had made the controller part of the Mini's a tad bigger instead. With all the accessories it ends up costing nearly the same as current gen consoles, specially when you factor in shipping and customs fees. And the Taito stick doesn’t look very comfortable at all
                          Last edited by Nico87; 04-06-2021, 15:16.

Comment

I gave up trying to justify the cost, lol hell i end up spending more that what a PS5 cost on an arcade taiko no tatsujin controller

For me the killer apart from rainbow islands is that spinner panel, i have had to rely on console versions of arkanoid using the paddle controller as i never got a spinner for mame as they are a ballache to do as you either have to build one or pay a fortune for a prebuilt usb one. This time i can play both arcade arkanoids using a dedicated arcade controller instead of ghettoing it via a mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              I gave up trying to justify the cost, lol hell i end up spending more that what a PS5 cost on an arcade taiko no tatsujin controller

For me the killer apart from rainbow islands is that spinner panel, i have had to rely on console versions of arkanoid using the paddle controller as i never got a spinner for mame as they are a ballache to do as you either have to build one or pay a fortune for a prebuilt usb one. This time i can play both arcade arkanoids using a dedicated arcade controller instead of ghettoing it via a mouse.
                              No DS paddle controller!? Nvm, saw the spinner part now
                              Last edited by Nico87; 04-06-2021, 15:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Arashikage View Post
                                It sounds like it’s smaller than the Astro City Mini stick, the Astro stick dimensions are 350 x 120 x 240mm. The Egret stick is 240 x 100 x 91mm according to their site.
                                The Egret stick is being marketed as a P2 stick, as opposed to the Astro one which is meant to replace the stick that comes with the system

Comment

Working...
                                X