Egret II mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Hmm interesting as i dug through taitos website it seems that the SD card bundled with the spinner panel is not the only SD card they plan on releasing i found a bit saying they plan to release additional titles via SD cards too.
    Hmmm...bit of a red-flag for me tbh. Neo-Geo X games came on SD cards and we all know how that panned out!

On the flip-side, relatively easy haxx should definitely be a-go with this thing.

Comment

Will it have EleAction Returns?

Comment

Nobody knows until taito release the rest of the titles, there’s still plenty of room for stuff.

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        Hmmm...bit of a red-flag for me tbh. Neo-Geo X games came on SD cards and we all know how that panned out!

On the flip-side, relatively easy haxx should definitely be a-go with this thing.
        Lets be real though that thing was a pile of crap, when compared to what taito are offering they are not in the same league the neogeo x one had those chinese knockoff handheld console vibes, the emulation was terrible and the build quality sucked. I'm definitely jumping the gun here as i have no idea if taito will release a turd but if it at least matches segas astro i'll be very happy as that one was great.

The fact that from taitos site it says when you insert the card it runs it's own menu means that if hopefully if it's not encrypted in some weird way there may be a way to add games in to build a custom selection of games. The fact there's already a slot and a method of games been added to the console cuts down a hell of a lot of hurdles for hackers also the arcade roms are not that big so that solves another problem too.
        Last edited by importaku; 04-06-2021, 19:02.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          Will it have EleAction Returns?
          It has other Taito F3 games on it, so it should be powerful enough. My concern is if they are trying to sell other SD cards of games they’re going to have to hold stuff back. It’d annoy me if they did hold it back because along with Rainbow Islands it’s my favourite Taito Arcade game.

Comment

If they are fairly priced and not like 2 games on a card i'd be tempted, assuming that we can't just fill it up with a vast library of taito arcade faves as with the additional controllers there's scope to add in a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post

Lets be real though that thing was a pile of crap, when compared to what taito are offering they are not in the same league the neogeo x one had those chinese knockoff handheld console vibes, the emulation was terrible and the build quality sucked. I'm definitely jumping the gun here as i have no idea if taito will release a turd but if it at least matches segas astro i'll be very happy as that one was great.

The fact that from taitos site it says when you insert the card it runs it's own menu means that if hopefully if it's not encrypted in some weird way there may be a way to add games in to build a custom selection of games. The fact there's already a slot and a method of games been added to the console cuts down a hell of a lot of hurdles for hackers also the arcade roms are not that big so that solves another problem too.
              Obviously you're going to defend it before you've got a hold of it when you've gone balls-deep in on it, £500+ and all!

Look, I've never denied that the Neo-Geo X was anything other than a pile of sh1t (and I'm saying that someone who wanted it before the truth about it came out!). The fact still remains that SD cards for ROMs being passed off as commercial games really isn't a good look, regardless of who is doing it. It wasn't great when Tommo did it with the SNK name and it doesn't look good now even if Taito are behind it here.

But of course we shall see.

Comment

hence me saying im way jumping the gun, i honestly have no idea if it's truly gonna be good or not but so far the fact they bothered to actually get a 4:3 screen in there as well as making it rotateable instead of doing it in software and also making the effort to make the joysticks have the ability to turn from 4 to 8 way gate controls to match the games been played gives me hope they are not gonna screw it up.

And yes i'm all in, taito make some of my most loved arcade games. You have all seen my out of control purchases over the last year or so phillv has a good point through as there's the worry they will hold back games to release on SD cards stuff that could have been added into the main unit instead, but potentially negated if you can just custom tailor it with your own taito arcade games.
                Last edited by importaku; 04-06-2021, 19:30.

Comment

I preordered the egret mini and the spinner controller separately from Amazon in the end.

What other games would you like to see on this? There is such a massive varied back catalogue to pick from.

I’d love to see Slap Fight, Tatsujin and any of the other Toaplan games taito released.

I reckon driving games could work too using the spinner so Chase HQ?

What about Operation Wolf using the trackball too.

Comment

I'm hoping Space Invaders '95: The Attack of the Lunar Loonies is on there would be a shame not to use that tate mode for loads of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
                      I preordered the egret mini and the spinner controller separately from Amazon in the end.

What other games would you like to see on this? There is such a massive varied back catalogue to pick from.

IÂ’d love to see Slap Fight, Tatsujin and any of the other Toaplan games taito released.

I reckon driving games could work too using the spinner so Chase HQ?

What about Operation Wolf using the trackball too.
                      Operation Wolf (and Operation Thunderbolt) with the trackball? Maybe.

Chase HQ and/or SCI with the trackball? Oh hell no. That sounds awful.

As for games I'd like to see on this:

The Ninjawarriors (Daddy Mulk on the BGM alone makes this a must)
                      Final Blow
                      Runark (AKA Growl)
                      Football Champ
                      Ninja Hayate
                      Time Gal
                      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 04-06-2021, 19:45.

Comment

Loved Runark.

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                        Chase HQ and/or SCI with the trackball? Oh hell no. That sounds awful.
                        I was thinking of the spinner for driving games, a bit like the jogcon on the ps1.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
                          Loved Runark.

I was thinking of the spinner for driving games, a bit like the jogcon on the ps1.
                          That makes more sense, in fairness.

Not really much point in making a steering wheel panel for this thing, after all.

Comment

Here's a nice video of Taito's library of arcade stuff more in there than i actually knew of,

Comment

This is shaping up VERY nicely!

Comment

I totally missed this! Wow, it looks amazing with all the controllers and the rotatable screen and all those lovely Taito classics.
                                I can wait to get one!

*converts Y88000 to £*

£570

I can't wait to play on one of yours!

Comment

Working...
                                X