Egret II mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in for the whole darned thing.

I love the Astro Mini, but I never use the Neo Geo ones. Hopefully this will be a case of the former.

Comment

Couple more pics shamelessly stolen from Taito's twitter feed, finally a real look at the controllers and they look pretty swish.

And another pic of it looking all shiny & lush, dunno what lcd panel it's using but it looks pretty vivid. Combined with that piece of curved plastic over it and it gives off a pretty nice illusion of a crt.

Comment

It looks by far the best of these mini machines so far. That shiny purple ��

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          Well my preorder is still there, i have budgeted for it over a few months to take the sting out of the cost so now i just have to wait although i havent budgeted for postage from tenso though as i have no idea how bad it will be till the thing arrives there & they weigh it.
          Can you send me a link to that please, hard to find even with the translator on and there seems to be the same items for sale at different prices

There are two, one is 45000Jpy and the other is 59000Jpy but has DX in the title, translator doesn't help much
          Last edited by buster_broon; 03-10-2021, 20:00. Reason: added more information

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
            Can you send me a link to that please, hard to find even with the translator on and there seems to be the same items for sale at different prices

There are two, one is 45000Jpy and the other is 59000Jpy but has DX in the title, translator doesn't help much
            It's stupid how many variants there is to order, this one is the one that has everything together including the extra stuff like the cd soundtrack, the book and the extra instruction cards.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              It's stupid how many variants there is to order, this one is the one that has everything together including the extra stuff like the cd soundtrack, the book and the extra instruction cards.
              https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
              thanks buddy, seems the 59000JPY also comes with 15 collectable pins

all comes in at over £500 shipped to the UK, annoyed i held off and lost a preorder on play asia for the luxury set

Comment

There's also one that has amazon japan bonuses of an acrylic keyring a couple of clearfiles & a taito logo mousemat wooo

Comment

Buy them separately. Here's the maths I did when I ordered back in June.

£58 for the soundtracks, book and marquees would be fine by me, but for some reason, shipping is £113 more than buying the cab and 3 controllers.

Comment

Still find it incredible that this thing even exists, totally came out of nowhere. The library it's got on it is beyond crazy, to have bubble bobble bubble symphony & bubble memories along with rainbow islands & newzealand story is a dream come true. But then it gets even better as there's arkanoid in all it's authentic glory, just praying taito don't cheap out and put some jank potentiometer in there instead of a real geared weighted spinner.

Out of the arcade mini's this one has the most packed roster that i like, i mean i loved the content of the astro mini & even the neogeo but the egret II is packed with my arcade faves there's very few on there that i don't like. Just wonder what's left for minis now in general i mean most systems have been covered & same for arcades too, there's an Amiga on the horizon. The only one i still want to see is Sega to do a Jpn MKIII mini mainly as i love the design and pretty much all the library of games are unknowns to me as i rarely played anything on that console not even by emulation.

Comment

Just a shame that it's not coming out for Christmas. Perfect opportunity for a Buble Bobble promotion.

Comment

Yeah it's painfully far away, xmas would have been bearable at least. It's something fun to look forward to though, will avoid mame for the rest of the year as i usually play rainbow islands pretty regular but i can hold off ready for a full Taito arcade blowout, will be keeping an eye out for any related merch to go along with it to increase the fun & make it a special occasion.

Still convinced Taito have some form of stand in production as those locking slots on the base of the unit stand out as something odd to be there as why add something like that if you don't intend to have a use for it.

Comment

Footage of the trackball controller

Comment

Last edited by Deuteros; 21-12-2021, 17:53.

Comment

^^^ that’s great news. Not indulged in any of these bar-top minis but this one is mighty tempting ^^^

Comment

Tempted to switch but will hold on to my Amazon JP pre-order for now - I'm doubting there will be any actual changes between versions, but ideally would like to see SLG offer up a more concrete release date.

Comment

Working...
                                X