Egret II mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egret II mini

I thought this was a joke at first, but seems it's real. All aboard the hype train

It even has the rotate mech! https://taito.co.jp/egret2mini

Last edited by phillv85; 04-06-2021, 11:46.

Preorders up on Amazon too, though the shipping's a bit of a killer for the bigger packs...

Comment

Kinda obligated at this point, but man I hope that shipping cost finds some way to shrink down before next March.

Comment

The optional trackball and dial controls are a great idea.

Comment

Wow, this is interesting! The screen rotation is genius and nice to see the different types of controllers.

(must not pre order, must not pre order)

Comment

That actually looks like a considerable step-up from the mini cabs produced by the likes of SNK, Capcom and Sega thus far.

That said, I'm still kinda meh towards mini cabs. Will wait for more info/news on this.

Anybody got a listing for the games on it?

Comment

I’m definitely preordering.

Funny thing is, my actual Egret 2 cab I used to own cost me less than the deluxe mini pack!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                Anybody got a listing for the games on it?

Comment

Up for preorder at AmiAmi too, both standard and Deluxe versions.

Comment

Wonder if it’ll eventually come out in other territories. Astro City Mini is out over here soon https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9446...20city:1:147:1

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Wonder if it’ll eventually come out in other territories. Astro City Mini is out over here soon https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9446...20city:1:147:1
                      The Astro City Mini is already out over here. Funstock were the first to retail it in the UK, I believe.

They must've had a timed exclusivity deal with Sega because pre-orders are on Amazon UK as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                        The Astro City Mini is already out over here. Funstock were the first to retail it in the UK, I believe.

They must've had a timed exclusivity deal with Sega because pre-orders are on Amazon UK as well.
                        Whoops. Got that wrong - Funstock listing is a pre-order.

The western version of the Astro City Mini has already been reviewed by some sites so I must've (wrongly) assumed that it was out here already. Oh well!

Comment

HOLY SHIIIIIT RAINBOW ISLANDS!!!!!

YASSS my preorder is in, i obviously went with the obscenely huge everything set. Taito make a lot of the arcade games i really like.

One thing that is interesting is that the SD card expands the games selection which means it might be possible to get other roms onto it.

Comment

Ordered the Mini with the trackball controller expansion. Shipping with DHL was 3800 yen. 39000 yen total with customs fee deposit included. How do you guys plug Japanese stuff to the power outlet? Hopefully this is like modern consoles where you can just buy a standard power cable locally. Would rather avoid having to use a step down converter. *edit* guess everything's USB these days
                            Last edited by Nico87; 04-06-2021, 13:07.

Comment

Curious what taito boards this thing is emulating there's definitely a F3 in there but what else?

Having a closer look at the sticks seems you can change between 4 & 8 way gates too, they seem to have thought of everything.
                              Last edited by importaku; 04-06-2021, 13:23.

Comment

Working...
                              X