User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    S.Mouse elbow slapper...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lord Barker BK Wii Code: 3DS: 5000-2698-8757

Speakers and CRT displays

Hi all,
    Having pretty much finished my games cabin I've put my arcade cabs at the back and plan to use the front portion as a mini home cinema room with a decent surround setup. I've realised however that speakers don't play well with CRTs from memory and I have a couple of larger buggers in my cabs. Is there anything I should be concerned about and will these degrade the CRT tubes!?
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

If the speakers or screen are shielded you should be ok. Are there any visible signs of discolouration on the screen in areas adjacent to the screen?

S.Mouse elbow slapper...
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CMcK View Post
    If the speakers or screen are shielded you should be ok. Are there any visible signs of discolouration on the screen in areas adjacent to the screen?
    I havent bought anything yet as if it was a no go I'd rather leave it. That said it seems between 1 - 2 ft away seems to be the general consensus of it all being okay. Which is entirely possible. I have a pair of old Mission bookshelf shelves I'll try, to see what happens.

Many speakers will say if they are shielded in the specs

S.Mouse elbow slapper...
    Gamer IDs

Unfortunately it seems about 99% aren't anymore.

I see speaker modding in your future #mysticmeg

I had an unshielded Wharfedale speaker close to my various broadcast / production monitors and they were fine.

Even if things turn out not to be fine, a quick manual degauss will put things right.

S.Mouse elbow slapper...
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by dataDave View Post
    Even if things turn out not to be fine, a quick manual degauss will put things right.
    The E2 cabs auto degauss on start up and I don't have a degaussing wand unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by dataDave View Post
    If you've given up on life. Should your hair hover about 1 inch from your face, equipment's working propetly.