Metal Slug Tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Slug Tactics

Coming to Steam via Dotemu and SNK, a new tactical strategy game using the Metal Slug franchise. Actually looks kinda nice.

Amazing!!! I’m gonna be all over that!

Comment

I read this as Metal Slug Tictacs. Hugely disappointed.
      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

This looks and feels more Metal Slug than mobiel action game announced some time back.

Comment

This. Looks. Awesome!!

Comment

This looks fantastic.

HOWEVER, should this be an issue to you, Mohammed Bin Salman owns about 33% of SNK. He's the crown prince of Saudi Arabia who had Jamal Kashoggi dismembered in the Turkish embassy and whose government is committing genocide in Yemen. He may own a controlling stake at 51% but this hasn't been confirmed. Just in case you need ot decide whether or not to help line his pockets. Not passing judgement either way but I didn't realise that until seeing the chat about it after this announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
              This looks fantastic.

HOWEVER, should this be an issue to you, Mohammed Bin Salman owns about 33% of SNK. He's the crown prince of Saudi Arabia who had Jamal Kashoggi dismembered in the Turkish embassy and whose government is committing genocide in Yemen. He may own a controlling stake at 51% but this hasn't been confirmed. Just in case you need ot decide whether or not to help line his pockets. Not passing judgement either way but I didn't realise that until seeing the chat about it after this announcement.
              On the other hand - Metal Slug!

Comment

I'll snap this up as long as it gets a console port and reviews well.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  On the other hand - Metal Slug!
                  But that's the thing, it's not metal slug. It's a generic (from the looks of it) tactical game with a Metal Slug skin. It's as much Metal Slug as the Metal Slug pachinko machines

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    But that's the thing, it's not metal slug. It's a generic (from the looks of it) tactical game with a Metal Slug skin. It's as much Metal Slug as the Metal Slug pachinko machines
                    If it's a good game, I'm more than happy with them using the Metal Slug characters and aesthetic. It's a great setting for an Advance Wars type game.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a good run 'n' gun entry, but there hasn't been one for an absolute age. It's a funny series because you've got a couple of stone cold classics and then a whole bunch of entries which aren't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                      This looks fantastic.

Yeah; despite being a huge SNK fan, I haven't bought anything new by them since this came about. I'm sad to miss out on their latest games, as they look great, but I just don't know how I feel about this.

Comment

The situation with Mohammed Bin Salman gets even messier when you also realise he's also invested in Activision, EA, and Take-Two :/

Game here's looking good though I think - I know a lot of folks would sooner just have a new Metal Slug, but I think it's a smart fit and they've certainly done good work bringing the look and the charm of the series into the template.

Comment

MBS is reprehensible, but the sovereign investment fund owns stakes in absolutely tons of major companies. Fair enough if it does make you want to boycott SNK, but IMO life is too short to stress about this kind of stuff. Whenever we buy products unfortunately some of our money is going to get funnelled to rich nasty people whose investment tendrils wrap around everything from takeaway sandwiches to airlines to videogames.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            MBS is reprehensible, but the sovereign investment fund owns stakes in absolutely tons of major companies. Fair enough if it does make you want to boycott SNK, but IMO life is too short to stress about this kind of stuff. Whenever we buy products unfortunately some of our money is going to get funnelled to rich nasty people whose investment tendrils wrap around everything from takeaway sandwiches to airlines to videogames.
                            Pretty much nails it.

As much as I really don't like that MBS has his claws dug into the SNK IP, the sad reality is that not enough people are going to stop consuming these products to do him enough damage.

That unfortunately makes it not enough of a hill to die on, for want of much better phrasing.

Comment

An isomeric level run and gun without ‘tactical strategy’ would have been better.

Comment

Working...
                              X