No announcement yet.

Euro 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, they were just better than Wales in every area, dominating 80% of the game with Wales having no effective solution. As I said a few days ago Denmark could be the dark horses of the competition. I wouldn't be surprised to see them at least in the semi-finals.

I was watching Ben Davies and near the end of the game, after he'd come forward to support one Welsh attack in his wing-back guise, he was looking completely shagged out and barely able to run to get back into his defensive position. He wasn't the only one who was knackered either.

Comment

The Italy vs Austria match yesterday was pretty so-so for the first ninety minutes, and the first time Italy have struggled at this tournament.

Extra time was a good watch though, Italy finally turning it on in the first fifteen and looking like they were going to blow Austria away, but massive credit to Austria for hanging in there and making it an exciting end to the match when they pulled one back in the second half of ET.

Probably won't do Italy any harm to have a bit of a struggle in that match, should make sure they don't get complacent or overconfident.

A couple of good looking matches today. You'd expect Netherlands to win the 5PM match, but the 8PM between Belgium and Portugal could go either way. I'm hoping Belgium win though as I think them vs Italy would be a better match than Italy vs Portugal.

Comment

Originally posted by EJG1980 View Post
        You'd expect Netherlands to win the 5PM match
        My predictive powers are up to their usual standards! The Czech Republic deserved the win though. Really opens up the lower half of the draw, one of Denmark or Czech Republic will be in the semi-finals now.

—————

Thought Belgium vs Portugal wasn’t that great for the first half (save the fantastic goal by Thorgan Hazard) but it heated up in the second half and got better as it went along; the final half hour was pretty good. Belgium hanging on a bit at the end there, but I’m glad we’ve got Italy vs Belgium in the next round. I hope De Bruyne isn’t too badly injured and can play in the QF.
        Last edited by EJG1980; 27-06-2021, 21:09.

Comment

Portugal were unlucky (hit the post) and profligate in front of goal too. Does nobody teach players how to shoot any more? Schoolboy efforts blazing miles over the bar because they haven't got their weight over the ball. The Belgium goal was a text book lesson in how to do it properly.

Belgium could have easily lost the game if the Portuguese had a little more composure in front of the goal.

For the neutral it was indeed a bit 'meh' for two thirds of the game but then really came alive.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
            Belgium could have easily lost the game if the Portuguese had a little more composure in front of the goal.
            Yup, in the end the stats were the opposite of what I thought they would be before the match, with Portugal dominating shots and possession. Portugal will definitely be kicking themselves for not taking advantage.

—————

Some excellent goal keeper own goals in the last couple of Spain matches, but this time it’s Spain on the receiving end.

What an end to the 90 minutes! Looked like Spain were strolling to a comfortable win but what a fantastic late comeback from Croatia. Hopefully the extra time keeps the excitement coming.

Ahhh, no second comeback for Croatia in extra time. Great match though.

—————

Bloody hell, it’s like an action replay of the earlier match! 1-0 to the underdogs, favourites hit back to go 3-1 up, underdogs shockingly score twice in the final ten minutes to take it to extra time. And this has been even better than Spain vs Croatia: lots of good play, some amazing goals, near misses, a penalty save. Favourite day of the tournament so far and there’s still another half an hour to go.

Wow, well done Switzerland, what a match!
            Last edited by EJG1980; 28-06-2021, 21:48.

Comment

Phenomenal night of football tonight. What a treat!

Comment

No sympathy for the French tonight.

They pretty much played like as if they felt they only had to turn up. P1ss-poor attitude from the start. Even when going 3-1 up they then switched off, as if they could just turn on the quality when they felt like it. Laissez-faire from start to finish. Tournament football at the highest level simply doesn't work that way.

Full credit to Switzerland for not giving up at 3-1 down.

Feel for Mbappe but he had a absolute stinker tonight, if not all tournament. He'll bounce back though.
                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 28-06-2021, 22:04.

Comment

Can’t wait for our lumbering piss-scared fannies to bore the world to death tomorrow!

Comment

I've lost track as I've not got a wallchart, but is this the match where we're scheduled to go out on penalties?

Comment

At best. Looks like we are desperate to exploit Germany’s crap defence by using incisive, speedy interplay.

Wait. Sorry. I meant:
                      Set up defensively and cowardly and try not to lose.

Comment

I love you Brits and your half-full glass.

Comment

55 years of dog****, mate. And even the times without it have been heartbreakingly awful.

Comment

Always a soft spot for England in the cups, ever since I bought the Peter Shilton goalie shirt when I was on vacation in your country as a 9 year old back in 1990.

Comment

Ten minutes, and it’s absolutely atrocious. Play to your own strengths, for crying out loud. Don’t try to snuff out the opposition. Let them worry about your pace. We’ve parked the bus at Wembley. It’s humiliating.

Comment

Is football coming home?

Comment

Working...
                                X