No announcement yet.

Ratchet And Clank Rift Apart PS5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished and very much enjoyed it. I can see where 7/10 reviews have come from, it's a quality entry but is very much more of the same despite the visual bump, but it's still fun

Comment

I'm a fan of the series and this ticks all the boxes. I must confess its VERY familiar but I'm enjoying it thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Tools like the Playstation 5 Pro
        By the time I get hold of one, I'm sure the Pro will be a real thing

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          Finished and very much enjoyed it. I can see where 7/10 reviews have come from, it's a quality entry but is very much more of the same despite the visual bump, but it's still fun
          7/10 for me too but it’s the first one I’ve ever played. I would like to have seen more of the rift mechanic that I saw in the trailer. Enjoyed it overall though and it is very pretty.

Comment

Yeah, that's a good point actually. I've got to have put at least 4 or 5 hours in and I feel like the headline rift feature has hardly been used (apart from those yellow rifts that just kinda jump you around the existing level).

Comment

Finished last night.

All weapons bought and unlocked.
              All robots found.
              All gold bolts.
              All raritanium.
              All collectibles.

Loved this start to finish. Nothing revolutionary but hot dam is this polished to a sheen and filled with explosive fun in every corner. Rivet & kt were the stars of this game rather than the whole rift mechanic, great characters.

Solid 8 for me.
              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 26-07-2023, 21:25.

Comment

Finished just now.

Bloody marvellous!! Pure spectacle and a great demo for next-gen.

Patched today to allow for 40fps in Fidelity mode if you're using a 120hz panel.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakers View Post
                  7/10 for me too but it’s the first one I’ve ever played. I would like to have seen more of the rift mechanic that I saw in the trailer. Enjoyed it overall though and it is very pretty.
                  in parts its really pretty that planet that's full of swamps and forest blew me away the reflection in the water where amazing and the denseness of the foliage, was crazy, Then you have other bits that look quite bland and functional, the space station area felt very PS4, you then get the high speed bits where your falling through dimensions and tearing along at breakneck speed and you really do think wow this is next gen.

Im playing it in bits as it gets a bit one note after a few hours of play its a good game but it really is just more of what we got on the ps4, it was a showcase on their too at the time and feels like this is just more of the same , its not a bad game its very fun but if you have played any of them before you kind of know what to expect here.
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 08-07-2021, 11:35.

Comment

This is available on the PC from today (26th July 23) and I've played the first hour of it - seems to be a very good PC port, although I did have a hard crash 30 mins in, but it seemed okay after a restart.

Bear in mind I'm playing it on a pretty high-end PC, but at 1440P with max settings and all the RT goodness, this game looks great. Frame rate wise I got a consistent 120 FPS and works nicely with the Xbox pad.

The action is very fast-paced and there's a lot going on right from the start, you're going to be juggling weapon swaps a lot (which I wasn't mad keen on, running out of ammo too often) and it can be visual overload at time, there isn't a lot of telegraphing of enemies that are out of viewport (and behind you), so also a little annoying, but not game breakingly so (just keep moving).

There are also lots of button dexterity required as some traversals require the double jumps, forward rush with wall run and then the whip/plasma rope thingy to get across gaps and if you miss it's insta-death and start again. Overall it seems like a good mix of challenging but manageable on the default difficulty.

If you haven't played it on PS5 this is definitely worth picking up on the PC (and has pretty low entry requirements) - it's £35 on CD Keys at the mo.

Comment

Such a good game, everyone should play this.

Comment

Free on PS+ - amazing looks, smooth gameplay and an easy platinum. What's not to love.

Comment

I'm waiting for it to hit £20-25 but love how well they've done with the port. Really impressive work all round.

Comment

Working...
                          X