User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Started this at the weekend and I'm enjoying it. It's my first Ratchet and Clank game. It's very, very slickly put together. Just like Spider-Man, it's a non-stop frictionless sugar rush, as you're pulled along in the story from one set piece to the next. The gunplay is a bunch of fun, and the variety of weapons is enjoyable too.

Of course the graphics are the real standout. During cutscenes where you see Ratchet, Rivet, Clank and others close-up, it's pretty astounding to be honest. The level of graphical detail in their fur and the reflections in their eyes are incredible, and definitely the most impressive graphics I have ever seen on a console.

The characters and world are charming, and the script decent. It's a game that I've got a lot of time for and which is clearly very, very well made. And yet, and yet...it's the kind of game that I struggle to really get excited about. Fun as it is, it's not something that I feel will be a deeply memorable experience in years to come. Does it need to be? Of course not. It's a confection, and that's fine - it's a tasty one!

Had a quick go using fidelity mode and I can't see a huge difference when compared to Performance RT.

I sit about 6 feet from a 55 inch OLED so you'd think the difference would be noticeable but performance RT looks great.

I'm sat about 1-2 feet away so that's probably why I can

Quote Originally Posted by teddymeow View Post
    Had a quick go using fidelity mode and I can't see a huge difference when compared to Performance RT.

I sit about 6 feet from a 55 inch OLED so you'd think the difference would be noticeable but performance RT looks great.
    I found fidelity mode utterly unplayable.

Performance RT should be the new standard and just do away with any other options.

On fidelity mode here and not really noticing a problem unlike Demon Souls where it was a complete nobrainer.

Finished and very much enjoyed it. I can see where 7/10 reviews have come from, it's a quality entry but is very much more of the same despite the visual bump, but it's still fun

I'm a fan of the series and this ticks all the boxes. I must confess its VERY familiar but I'm enjoying it thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Tools like the Playstation 5 Pro
    By the time I get hold of one, I'm sure the Pro will be a real thing

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Finished and very much enjoyed it. I can see where 7/10 reviews have come from, it's a quality entry but is very much more of the same despite the visual bump, but it's still fun
    7/10 for me too but it’s the first one I’ve ever played. I would like to have seen more of the rift mechanic that I saw in the trailer. Enjoyed it overall though and it is very pretty.

Yeah, that's a good point actually. I've got to have put at least 4 or 5 hours in and I feel like the headline rift feature has hardly been used (apart from those yellow rifts that just kinda jump you around the existing level).