User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Buying Japanese games in the uk

Not talking eBay, but any other decent places to buy, other than genki and VGI?

Quote Originally Posted by kryss View Post
    Amazon Japan?
    not in the uk i think they want uk based import places. Only one i use from time to time nowadays is genki as their prices are pretty good and a few times they have had sealed stuff that i couldn't even find anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by importaku View Post
    not in the uk i think they want uk based import places. Only one i use from time to time nowadays is genki as their prices are pretty good and a few times they have had sealed stuff that i couldn't even find anywhere else.
    Could you hear me facepalm? It's been happening a lot recently.

Facebook

Loads of groups trading in Japanese video games. Good starting point is Allanís Japanese Retro Games sales. The guy also has a shop in Glasgow called Forgotten Worlds.

Any reason you donít buy from Japan? I buy from a couple of places that are okay to undervalue stuff provided you take the hit if it goes missing. Such as

https://from-japan-retro-sale.myshopify.com/

Best place for me though is a guy who lives in Japan and sells games on his Facebook. Cheap prices, cheap shipping and undervalues. I just msged him and asked to join his friends list. He sells stuff on eBay too put itís marked up to cover eBay fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Goemon View Post
    Facebook

Loads of groups trading in Japanese video games. Good starting point is Allan’s Japanese Retro Games sales. The guy also has a shop in Glasgow called Forgotten Worlds.
    Yeah that's a good shout - a bit less structured than a regular shopping experience, but judging by a) familiar faces I see in that group and b) sales I see agreed there that end up in the pickups thread here, it's the forum's worst kept secret

Yeah, I've spotted various forumites in there and the pickups are always a give-away on here with the price labels on them.