Guardians of the Galaxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    It's like Avongers. They want to evoke the films for the commercial pull but where they can't have pulled looks taken from the comic incarnations so have landed somewhere in the middle. Instead they should have had a clear artistic vision of their own.
    Yep. That's pretty much exactly the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      It's like Avongers. They want to evoke the films for the commercial pull but where they can't have pulled looks taken from the comic incarnations so have landed somewhere in the middle. Instead they should have had a clear artistic vision of their own.
      I think that's it. It's just bland and by the numbers.
      They could have gone to the comics and taken the look and art style of one of the big selling GotG comics. A Cel-Shaded game with lots of colours maybe. A big dollop of unapologetic style.
      This looks soulless.

Comment

Yep, when I picture a non-MCU GOTG game in my head I immediately picture a bold cel-shaded game with a ton of particle effects etc. Something that really riffs on the bold coloured galactic worlds setting and 80's theme play. If they don't want to be bold they should just have the MCU branding.

Comment

To be fair to them they have taken the comic book characters its not really their fault that we associate the jacket and mask that starlord has but he has blond hair and simlar facial features to the current mainline comic starlord, Avongers it isnt.

Gamora dosent have any links to movie gamora the white outfit and black markings on her face and around her eyes is pure comicbook and bears no resemblance to movie gamroa bar the green skin. likewise goot looks quite slim in the movies and is more bulked out like the comic book, as is Drax. Dont get me wrong the game looks crap but i think its unfair to say their piggybacking off the films when we get a blonde Starlord and a Gamora thats unrecognizable from her movie version.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            I think that's it. It's just bland and by the numbers.
            They could have gone to the comics and taken the look and art style of one of the big selling GotG comics. A Cel-Shaded game with lots of colours maybe. A big dollop of unapologetic style.
            This looks soulless.
            yeah but that couldn't have started life as an expansion for an unsuccessful parent game and been split off into its own thing now could it

Comment

Working...
            X