Critics Club V: Master System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Critics Club V: Master System

The second round is ready to open and this time we turn to the obvious next choice, Sega's own NES rival the Sega Master System. Astoundingly still powering along today in Brazil this 8-bit console has taken on several appearances in its decades long life.

So, here are the model line ups for this round:

Sega Mark III

Sega Master System

Sega Master System II

Master System 3 Tectoy

Master System 3 Compact

Master System 3 Collection Tectoy

Which of these is the best looking Sega 8-bit wonder?
    Sega Mark III
    0%
    Sega Master System
    0%
    Sega Master System II
    0%
    Master System 3 Tectoy
    0%
    Master System 3 Compact
    0%
    Master System 3 Collection
    0%

The Western MS model 1 for me hands down. Mark III comes second.

Comment

Japanese Master System because it has a rapid fire unit, 3D glasses port and FM sound all built in. And it's the one I own . Actually, I grew up with the PAL master System. Such a classic and sleek looking system. Anyone remember the white one with a splatted tomato on it that Mega Machines gave away? That looked amazing when I was a kid.

Comment

The Mark III is the best looking for me. It looks more modern than its successor I think.

Comment

Western SMS 1 for me. The SMS 2 was the first video game console I ever played (with Alex Kidd built in) but the first system looks best. Those Tec Toy variants are pretty cool though.

Comment

I remember most friends who owned an MS having the Mark II and it always looked less appealing than the original, voted for that one

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              I remember most friends who owned an MS having the Mark II and it always looked less appealing than the original, voted for that one
              The Mark II looks like the PlaySkool version of a Master System or maybe the Duplo edition while the original was the Lego.

Comment

I think the PAL version 1, because most other consoles can be seen by conventional radar

Comment

Worth mentioning as well that the Model 1 can put out RGB Scart whereas the Model 2 can't. Plus no card support, how are you going to play Bank Panic?

Comment

Working...
                  X