Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best or decent budget headset.

Hi,

I am new to this online gaming lark and am thinking of picking up a headset, has anyone got any recommendations for a good cheap headset that will work across a multitude of platforms.

Thanks

I bought the SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless Gaming Headset nearly a year ago and really like them.
    There's not much I would change, tbh. They're about £80, but I started regularly playing with mates during lockdown V1.0, so wanted a good pair.

Pros:
    Really comfy
    detachable mic, but it's so unobtrusive, I never need to do so
    Clear sound
    Decent stereo useful in games
    Mute switch
    USB C dongle with USB adaptor, so I've used it plugged into a laptop too

Cons:
    PS4/PS5/PC only, not Xbox.
    Limited to the device connected, so you can't switch to Virgin TiVo or something.
    Don't lose the dongle! I had to make an agreement with my son if he unplugged it, it goes in the same place after I spent an hour looking for it!

BONUS:
    They're wireless, so you can say to your mates you're nipping to the toilet, but you have a massive jug of water that you can pour for a comically long amount of time before flushing.

Comment

Thanks, I would ideally like one that can work across both Sony and MS platforms and being tight, cheaper. But in the same range is this, The Arctis 1 Wired headset. So I may give that one a go.

Comment

Originally posted by chipsgravy View Post
        Thanks, I would ideally like one that can work across both Sony and MS platforms and being tight, cheaper. But in the same range is this, The Arctis 1 Wired headset. So I may give that one a go.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PS3Y5BY/?th=1
        I would also recommend this.

I have the Arctis 7 Wireless, but only for my PC, and it's extremely similar.

I've been using SteelSeries sets for over 5 years; I have quite a large head and they fit extremely well. Some headsets give me headaches if I wear them all day, but with this being wireless, when I'm working from home, I sometimes go make a cup of tea and legit don't take them off, only realising I'm still wearing them when I get back to my desk.

Comment

Originally posted by chipsgravy View Post

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PS3Y5BY/?th=1
          Basically, the two systems use different methods of connection, so you're going to struggle to get a wireless headset that does both.

You could look at the ASTRO Gaming A20:

Be aware that you'll need a dongle to work on the opposite system:
          Shop the A20 Wireless USB Transmitter from ASTRO Gaming, a Division of Logitech G, and get connectivity between PC/Mac & consoles.

That's going to be your best bet wireless for BOTH systems, but as you say, wired is cheaper and works with either system. You might need to do some plugging/unplugging each time you swap over.

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          when I'm working from home, I sometimes go make a cup of tea and legit don't take them off, only realising I'm still wearing them when I get back to my desk.
          Don't forget to do the big jug of water prank!

Comment

The Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox works on Switch/PS4/PS5/Xbox One/Xbox Series. Same with the 7X, whereas the 7P only works with the PlayStation consoles and Switch
            Last edited by Nico87; 18-06-2021, 18:18.

Comment

[MENTION=515]chipsgravy[/MENTION]

Prime Day deal looks great:

Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 Wireless Gaming Headset for PS4 and PS5
              RRP: £89.99
              Deal Price: £69.99

Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 Wireless Gaming Headset for PS4 and PS5

RRP: £129.99
              Deal Price: £109.99

Main difference between the two sets is the pricier 700 has leather components, bigger earcups, noise-cancellation and Bluetooth, but with a shorter battery life.
              We're experienced, dedicated, and passionate gamers who know our way around an Xbox, as well as all the accessories that go with it especially headsets.

Comment

Thanks, I had a look through and I decided wireless wasn't as essential as cross platform so I went with this one,

Steel series often gets mentioned in any best headset discussion. But I am glad I waited for Prime Day to roll around

Comment

That's a great price!

Glad you're sorted, mate.

Comment

Working...
                  X