No announcement yet.

Retro|Spective 193: The Final Tour of Dreamcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buggy Heat is plenty of fun, limited but enjoyable.

Comment

Buggy Heat looked amazing for the time. The thing is, the controls were a let down. Had it great controls, it would have been a true classic.

Undercover Kei is a really janky game. In some areas the texture work is amazing. So many different textures in one scene but mostly it looks very low res, has terrible animation and super stiff controls. It is a reasonable game regarding the story though. I've completed the Japanese one twice now.

Zusar Vasar I thought was just complete turd. Slippery controls and dull tracks.

Comment

I've been waiting for days for it to finally get off the "S" titles and onto Tokyo Bus Guide and it isn't there. Boo!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          Cool, small world. I met Martin and his wife one day as they were shopping in HMV where I worked. They introduced themselves as developers and we got talking. No idea how the chat started but they did come in to buy their game mags and some software as well as music etc.
          Visited their dev studio a few times. They even treated us to dinner at the pizza place near the tech park.
          This was about 24 years ago now so the memories are fuzzy. I do clearly remember them bringing VMUs in to HMV to show me. They hadn't even been released in Japan at that time.
          As an MSR owner since release and former denzien of Manchester, this game is comphrensively dire but worth owning for the Voltaire style northerner sarcasm 'wahey' when you turn a corner. It's not about how well you drive but * omfg the sky siezures kill me now this CRT reverses the nosebleeds somehow * x_X

Yeah so more games need to say wahey after you complete basic actions. Reload a gun in Call of Duty? Wahey. Finished a tunnel in Minecraft? Wahey. Infact, just rename Achievements to 'Wahey etc'. Wahey.
          Last edited by shimano; 07-07-2021, 03:29.

Comment

Originally posted by shimano View Post
            As an MSR owner since release and former denzien of Manchester, this game is comphrensively dire but worth owning for the Voltaire style northerner sarcasm 'wahey' when you turn a corner. It's not about how well you drive but * omfg the sky siezures kill me now this CRT reverses the nosebleeds somehow * x_X

Yeah so more games need to say wahey after you complete basic actions. Reload a gun in Call of Duty? Wahey. Finished a tunnel in Minecraft? Wahey. Infact, just rename Achievements to 'Wahey etc'. Wahey.
            Wahey, you switched on your console

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              Wahey, you switched on your console
              No man, that violates the psychological laws of Manchester to have anything after the wahey, as in jumping off a building. Wahey.... (nothing). Alright so it may have been imported from Waynes World Californian in the first place, which is a sort of interesting insight into Bizzarre Creations, perpetually indie-rock cool. There's so much 80's popstar history behind that - Pete Burns, Adam Ant and such. Interesting topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                I've been waiting for days for it to finally get off the "S" titles and onto Tokyo Bus Guide and it isn't there. Boo!
                It didn't qualify because it turns out there was PS2 port two years later

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  Street Fighter III: Double Impact
                  Yes, somehow the Dreamcast double packed release remains the only home version made of the middle-entry. This expansion of the original release has remained somewhat left behind after being replaced by Third Strike.

I recall preferring the visual style of this to Third Strike.

Comment

Working...
                  X