No announcement yet.

Critics Club V: 3DO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBF I think the FZ-10 does have a one up of having a built in memory manager and on the FZ-1 you have to use an explorer disc? FZ-1 is iconic though and will survive nuclear war.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      As we're zoned in on console designs technically I didn't miss one - huzzah!
      True, I was just showing off my 3do knowledge anyway

Comment

Not a fan of this system, but the FZ-1 is easily in the top 3 of the best looking systems ever.
        i would have one just to sit on a shelf if they weren't expensive these days.

Comment

The pc card was a smart idea, the whole concept isn't too far from the approaches being deployed today... though why they went with three face buttons...

Comment

I remember seeing it demod in store with a golf game and thinking it looked impressive - but it destroyed itself by launching with a price tag of $700 and poor software support.

You can pick these up boxed pretty easily for £200, but I wouldn't pay more than that even for a minter, definitely not the ridiculous £700 "r@re" ones on eBay. It would have to be an FZ-1.

Comment

I didn't own the FZ-10 I bought for long...

I did like the hardware though, besides it (at the time) not having an RGB solution and my monitor not supporting s-video.

Comment

Working...
              X