Dead Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Space

The rumours continue that EA Motive is working on a full remake of Dead Space. The game is said to be similar in approach to Resident Evil 2 Remake which feels over generous given the original isn't far off that mark to begin with.

A few new game mechanics are expected and modern visuals but otherwise an approach that sticks pretty close to the original games template. The game is said to be happening because Capcom has had success with its own remakes and set a clear template whilst Fallen Order has also reignited EA's interest in single player titles.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 22-07-2021, 21:52.

Can't wait for this being a decent remake, EA to set overly ambitious sale/metacritic goals, the game obviously not reaching them, and EA locking up the franchise due to underperforming.

Comment

I know it’s getting on a bit now but it’s not a game I would have thought would benefit all that much from a remake.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        I know it’s getting on a bit now but it’s not a game I would have thought would benefit all that much from a remake.
        Year it still looks great and the atmosphere is very creepy and oppressive.

Looking forward to micro transactions for hats though.

Comment

a remaster with the usual high res, 60fps stuff would suit me fine. Can you imagine how good it would look if they found a way to put in raytracing?

Comment

I’m imagining it now and it’s not 60fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              I’m imagining it now and it’s not 60fps.
              Get Insomniac to do it. Performance RT mode all the way!

Comment

I was actually looking forward to a sci-fi survival horror/cookery crossover, as I misread the title as Dead Space: Remoulade. Oh well, the wait goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                  I was actually looking forward to a sci-fi survival horror/cookery crossover, as I misread the title as Dead Space: Remoulade. Oh well, the wait goes on.
                  Jeez, you could have at least gone roulade.

Comment

This is another series I've never played.

I have the first two games via Games With Gold, but never got around to them.

Comment

EDIT: Ah, forget it. I don't want today to be about EA.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        This is another series I've never played.

I have the first two games via Games With Gold, but never got around to them.
                        If you enjoyed the over the shoulder Resi's to any extent then DS1 and 2 are a safe bet, great games with an even better setting and lore. Even the spin-off lightgun game was top tier. DS3... too much of EA's meddling in that one.

Comment

Cheers, I do want to play them, it's just one of those like Assassin's Creed or Yakuza where I've never got around to playing a single game in the franchise.

Comment

I've only played the first two but I adored both of them. They're both very much the same with one just building on the other but they're very well designed and they control and play well.

Although like Bioshock, it's one of those games where I'd love to play a game in the same location when everything was nice and happy. Maybe a dating sim. Bring someone out for coffee, go for a walk and so on. The location is fantastic but we see it at its worst.

Comment

DS1 is incredible and actually proper scary. I was amazed at the time with how they managed that without the usual Resi technique of basically crippling your character to make them artificially vulnerable. I still don't think it's been bettered. DS2 is also good if a bit more hammy, although it's spoiled a tiny bit by a

crummy and cheap indestructible pest at the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X