Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Gamepass - cheapest option?

Hi all,
    New to this game pass thang (although pretty sure I used the £1 on PC a while back), what's the cheapest way to get a sub and are there any stackable deals or anything to watch for?
    Cheers
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Depends on if you intend to use it as an ongoing concern or in doses when major titles launch on it and catch up on smaller stuff then. Some key sites sell 3 months of Ultimate for about £22, I might well be wrong but last I heard the Gold>Ultimate upgrade trick was working still for those stacking subs as well.

If going the new releases/catch up route then MS Rewards - you'll never pay a single penny again

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Depends on if you intend to use it as an ongoing concern or in doses when major titles launch on it and catch up on smaller stuff then. Some key sites sell 3 months of Ultimate for about £22, I might well be wrong but last I heard the Gold>Ultimate upgrade trick was working still for those stacking subs as well.

If going the new releases/catch up route then MS Rewards - you'll never pay a single penny again
      Thanks mate. The last MS console I owned was a 360. What's the Rewards route? What's the stacking trick? Clearly out of touch!
      Cheers
      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

A month of Game Pass Ultimate via the rewards is 12,000 points. I don't know whether it's possible to earn that much a month without making purchases in the store (I've never gotten close anyway). You can get £5 store credit for 5850 points and standard game pass of a month for 6800 points. You get points for searching on bing, doing quizes / surveys or doing tasks in certain games (or buying/renting stuff from the Xbox Store).

At best you're getting a few pounds off on the 3 month ultimate cards (at about £33 - I have seen them for £20 offered, but I wouldn't trust these dodgy third party reseller code sites). I think the £1 offer for new sign ups is still active (which would be the cheapest way to get a foot in). I haven't seen a 12 month pre-paid card is a long time, which used to be the cheapest way.
        Last edited by MartyG; 07-07-2021, 13:38.

Comment

Currently, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate costs $17 per month. But with this trick, you can get it at over 50 percent off for up to two years.

The stacking trick involves buying Gold subs on the cheap then converting them to Ultimate as the subs often go for less than direct Ultimate subs, worth double checking it's still running though

The Rewards route is just using your PC/Phone/Xbox to collect daily MS rewards points, you quickly hit Level 2 and get a few thousand points per month (I've not been buying anything/spending any money), 12,000 gives you a free month of Ultimate and given the slow rate MS release major titles you can normally stack points before you need them. Takes some remembering to ensure you keep the perks rolling every day but I'm a few days from having 6 months in the bank

Comment

Working...
          X