Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    I do too.

I'd love to have physical copies of Climax and GP Legend to complete the GBA F-Zero set as I already own Maximum Velocity/Advance.

No way in hell that I'm paying current Flea-Bay prices for them though, so ROMs will have to suffice for now.
    I hadn't realised they had gotten so ridiculous
    Had a look on eBay earlier...holy shucking Fit them some ludicrous prices
    Think I Might need me a ROM cart now

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
      I STILL love the fact that the GC BIOS menu music is the Famicom Disk System startup music slowed to ¹/¹⁶.

One of the great videogame console easter eggs IMO.

That is amazing, can't believe that's the first I've ever heard of that easter egg

Comment

Thanks to the stupid "repro" scene gba is pretty much ruined if you want the real deal as with the amount of fakes on ebay people might as well just get a flashcart as the effort to track down genuine carts is getting harder and harder without having to put large amounts of work into researching. Thankfully gamecube isn't affected by this at all as i have never in my life seen a pirate gamecube game.
        Last edited by importaku; 22-07-2021, 09:03.

Comment

[MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]

Yup. I pretty much agree with you both.

As far as I'm concerned, the moral argument against using emulation over genuine retro software and hardware has long been defeated when the original developers/publishers/manufacturers of said software and hardware are not seeing a penny of the money that is made by the sellers who vastly overprice them.

Going forward, I'm still all for owning classic gaming hardware (Saturn and Neo•Geo AES are still on my bucket list of things I've never owned), but wherever possible I'll be using flashcarts for software and there'll be no apology for doing so.

Maybe I'll change my stance if/when prices return to some kind of sanity.
          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 22-07-2021, 09:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            That is amazing, can't believe that's the first I've ever heard of that easter egg
            In all fairness, I can imagine that many people would share your sentiment.

It is brilliant IMO because of the subtlety, helped by the fact that many western gamers obviously wouldn't have known the FDS system startup jingle in the first place.

Comment

The gamecube has a really cool design in pretty much every aspect. I think it's aged great it has a look all of it's own, The system menu is beautifully made too it's so simple to navigate and yet perfectly fits the cube theme. It's all tied together, plus it still has my fave boot startup of any console.

Comment

A new day, a new line up:

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
                The ninth entry into the series but only the third to see a western release. This entry came about due to the success of the proceeding GBA entry and was the one that took the franchise into the 3D realm. Whilst the game performed well it never saw itself ported or rereleased elsewhere, instead a Wii bound sequel was made, adding this to the GC's exclusives roster.

Geist
                Another stab at making a mature content title for the system by Nintendo, this FPS focused itself on the ability to possess others to tackle enemies and puzzles. The concept was well received but the game lacked the polish expected from Nintendo published titles.

Giftpia
                A similar type of game as Animal Crossing, players interact with other island dwellers and tackle small jobs to raise funds. The game never saw release outside Japan where it sold poorly despite good reviews, a fan translation patch has since been completed however.

Did you ever try out any of this batch?

Comment

This thread needs an injection of lovely cripsy mint jpn box art. I'll lock them in a spoiler tab so they don't take up an entire page.

These were the last few things i added to my gc collection

Ahh Giftpia one of the 2 Skip games i LOVE on the GC, Chibo robo been the other.

Comment

The Spice Orange Cube, ah, such bitter sweet memories.

It was the plan to import a Cube from Lik-Sang that originally led me properly to this site. I'd been on before but the Cube was the first proper import attempt in order to get around Nintendo's poor PAL release delays and the Spice Orange caught my eye. My Ex thought it looked horrid and persuaded me to get a black one instead... not the only mistake relating to her

Comment

I also originally found this site while looking for import Gamecube stuff. I'm pretty sure it was an advert for a company called Gremlin Games or something, which was in the back of a magazine (probably an unofficial Cube one, maybe NGC).

On the Gremlin Games (not sure if that's actually the name) website there was a link to here. Then I found the forum. Then I spent hundreds of thousands of hours talking to you lot! I probably should have checked the small print in the ad. That was probably in there. 'Warning: May discover forum where you spend large quantities of your life henceforth'
                      Last edited by wakka; 23-07-2021, 11:19.

Comment

That Crunchie Friday Feeling with:

Go! Go! Hypergrind
                        Released by Atlus, this skateboarding title featured art design by the studio behind Ren and Stimpy.

Gotcha Force
                        A blend of fighter and third person shooter, this is another Cube era Capcom game and this time focuses on capturing Gacha toys and battling them. The game didn't perform well but eventually built enough of a following that Capcom reprinted the game nine years after its initial release.

Kido Senshi Gundam: Sen****achi no Kesei
                        A Japan region only third person shooter based on the Gundam franchise with a name the censorship filter won't let me display

Ever experience any of todays lesser known line up?
                        Last edited by Neon Ignition; 23-07-2021, 09:44.

Comment

Let's see, never heard of it. Never heard of it. Never heard of it.

Comment

Gotcha Force is a fantastic game. It's like Gundam and Pokémon's illegitimate lovechild with faster, more frenetic gameplay than either of its parents. Easily one of my GameCube top five.

Crying shame we've never had a sequel.

Comment

Yeah Gotcha Force was cool. Sadly sold it.

Comment

It's Monday so time for another batch of GC Ex's:

Kirby's Air Ride
                                Despite weak reviews owing to the gameplay being too simple the game sold well, players racing each other without the need for an accelerator button.

Knockout Kings 2003
                                The final entry in EA's boxing franchise was, for some reason, solely released on the Gamecube and so low sales ensured an end to this contender

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure
                                A Zelda game that still hasn't been ported to a later system! Four Swords could link to the GBA and four players could tackle a co-op adventure in the classic top down view style in a tale that marks itself as the closing chapter of the Ocarina trilogy.

Did todays adventures make a mark on you?

Comment

Working...
                                X