No announcement yet.

Made in Wario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mine delivered yesterday and gave it a couple of hours last night. There's lots of Japanese text in it, and I can't quite figure out some of the options in the "play any of the mini games seperately" section - which, incidently has all of the games unlocked from the start.

Sadly, my flatmate was out last night so I only had a chance to play the single player game - the graphics are pretty much identical to the GBA version, but it kind of works. I played a few new games (I think), but they were just variations on existing ones - nothing wildy new so far. The question/answer boss took me a while to get past - getting 3 50/50 choices correct required more than a bit of luck, maybe I should get round to learning Japanese.

The layout of the single player mode puzzled me, it's like a building and the first floor seems to contain all the levels from the GBA, so until I have beaten the final Wario one I can't see what's on the next floor. Unless all the other floors contain the unlockable mini games like Dr Mario etc.

So not a lot new so far (but then, I didn't expect there to be), but I CANNOT WAIT to play the multiplayer.

Oh, and the main screen shows some really cool but strange (obviously) animations if you leave it. I smiled lots.

Comment

I just want to stick my fingers up the spinning nose I saw in the preview mpeg.

Originally posted by barrym
      I got mine delivered yesterday
      Where from?

Comment

charlesr I haven't had any bother with lik-sang but play-asia always impressed me

Comment

Originally posted by barrym
          I got mine delivered yesterday
          Where from?
          Play Asia (Air Economy Bubble Registered).

Comment

Have had my copy from NCS for two days now and I am very disappointed.
            So far all I have played is exact replicas of the GBA version that I love but have played to death. Even the multiplayer offers the same old games but with people taking it in turns to do the game.

Admitadely I haven't got off the 1st "world" (I'm stuck on the bastard questions and answer session with the ghost) and am just hoping that the later worlds have new games.

The title screens are very funny though and there even seems to be one where a guy is lay on a sofa "pleasing himself".

Comment

HAHA, those craaaaaazy Japanese, eh?

do tell us as soon as you know if there's any new ones or not tho

Comment

Originally posted by bowser123
                Even the multiplayer offers the same old games but with people taking it in turns to do the game.
                Out of interest - can you share a single controller if it's a turn-taking affair, or do you need multiple controllers ?

Also - one hears you can download the complete original 'MiW' to a GBA ... is that so ?

S.

Comment

You can download a portion of the original MiW to your GBA from Wario World...only a bit of it mind, not that i really care, seeing as i already have MiW on GBA

Comment

Originally posted by Sieg
                    Even the multiplayer offers the same old games but with people taking it in turns to do the game.
                    Out of interest - can you share a single controller if it's a turn-taking affair, or do you need multiple controllers ?
                    Nope you need seperate controllers, as far as I can tell. From some crappy shots I have seen on the internet it looks like at least two games are new and the screen was split into 4, suggesting 4 players simultaneously. TBH I have barely touched multiplayer and I need to beat that fricking ghost boss to progress and see if there are many new games.
                    I'm just hoping that the 1st world is intentionally based around the GBA version and it later opens up to all new games.

Comment

I'm just hoping that the 1st world is intentionally based around the GBA version and it later opens up to all new games.
                      I've just been giving it a good go - days off work are a wonderful thing - and I've unlocked all the doors except for one.

Originally posted by spoiler
                      The first door is all the GBA levels, the rest are options to watch the videos that appear when you start the game, profiles of all the characters, 3 doors just like the pig levels on the GBA - play with 4 lives, play at a harder level with 4 lives and play with 1 life, staff credits and a mode where you see how quickly you can do 20, 40 or 60 minigames - you have infinite lives for this one.

A bit of a dissapointment really, maybe there are single player paperplane, skate forever etc. but I can't see where they'd appear.

Comment

Well I am hugely disappointed, up to one door to unlock.
                        Frankly there is nothing new to see in this game that wasn't already in the GBA version.

Quick question for barrym
                        Any idea what those movies where somebody is writing on paper over the top of shots of somebody walking are about?

Comment

Quick question for barrym
                          Any idea what those movies where somebody is writing on paper over the top of shots of somebody walking are about?
                          My guess is they are music videos. They have little notes next to them - why they are there I have no idea. Madness.

Comment

Well this IS supposed to be mostly a multiplayer title

Got my copy today... brother and myself have been having lots of fun even just in two player mode. He never played the GBA version so this is all new to him and he quite likes it. Weird arse **** going to as well.

Most games require separate controllers though a couple of them everyone uses just one and it has to be passed around VERY quickly. Haven't decided which is our favourite multiplayer mode yet, but the Asteroids and view blocking ones caused most swearing

Obviously we can't play the Doctor one properly...

Hopefully get some people round for 4 player action over the weekend.

Anyone know what the first two screens on the records page mean? The third one is obviously each performance in each multiplayer mode.

Also, is the foldable die and counters just used for the folded up "board game" in the packaging?
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

so if u've never played MiW

Cube or GBA?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                                Haven't decided which is our favourite multiplayer mode yet, but the Asteroids and view blocking ones caused most swearing
                                It has to be the one with the turtles. It's ace two player, amazing three player, and when I can play four player I think I'll die of excitement.

Comment

Working...
                                X