Little Things That Make You Smile 7: The Joy Department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Things That Make You Smile 7: The Joy Department

When your work place makes very clear and firm moves to take away working from home.

And the very week it happens you're made to self-isolate. Roll on WFH Weeks 70 and 71!

Comment

Ahhh, that's nice. Love that they used the 'Decision pending' graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        Ahhh, that's nice. Love that they used the 'Decision pending' graphics.
        Yeah, that's such a nice touch!

I love the face of the guy on the right when he clicks what's happening!

Comment

Comment

Annoyingly the fiddle player never turns around, she definitely could be a woman I used to work with (she does charity work in Africa outside of work).
            Last edited by Blobcat; 22-07-2021, 18:07.

Comment

Watch as the sky above Japan's Olympic Stadium is illuminated by 1,800 drones for the opening ceremony of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.

Didn't catch any of the ceremony, but that is rather good, especially towards the end.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
                https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/olympics/57940556

Didn't catch any of the ceremony, but that is rather good, especially towards the end.
                I believe they played the Final Fantasy battle victory music too.

Comment

Found some old photos from my youth. Nostalgia sucks and makes you smile in equal measure.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    I believe they played the Final Fantasy battle victory music too.
                    Apparently all the music in the opening ceremony was from games.

Anyway wife was telling me something interesting which may may not be true. Going right back to the introduction video for Tokyo which was shown at the closing ceremony of the Rio games where Abe appears dressed as Mario and there were lots of Nintendo bits and bobs.... well the person in charge of the overall look and feel of the games was a talented young woman who subsequently left her job, this was taken over by a bloke who runs a huge advertising agency (and word it not as talented) which just happens to have the makers of quite a few of the game companies whose music feature in the opening ceremony but Nintendo isn't one of them....
                    Daughter reckoned that Smash Bros featured somewhere but Nintendo as a whole don't feature so much in the look of the Olympics particularly in the pictograms for the sports which were going to be Mariofied - or at least that was one of the ideas on the table.
                    Last edited by Anpanman; 26-07-2021, 09:18.

Comment

I've heard when the public opinion of continuing with the games declined companies pulled out interest in supporting the games hence no Nintendo and such but that could just be rumours.

Some anime themes have been used in some events at the Olympics including Attack on Titan in archery, Hauykuu in vollyball and some gymnast did a routine to something from Demon Slayer

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                        Apparently all the music in the opening ceremony was from games.

Anyway wife was telling me something interesting which may may not be true. Going right back to the introduction video for Tokyo which was shown at the closing ceremony of the Rio games where Abe appears dressed as Mario and there were lots of Nintendo bits and bobs.... well the person in charge of the overall look and feel of the games was a talented young woman who subsequently left her job, this was taken over by a bloke who runs a huge advertising agency (and word it not as talented) which just happens to have the makers of quite a few of the game companies whose music feature in the opening ceremony but Nintendo isn't one of them....
                        Daughter reckoned that Smash Bros featured somewhere but Nintendo as a whole don't feature so much in the look of the Olympics particularly in the pictograms for the sports which were going to be Mariofied - or at least that was one of the ideas on the table.
                        Dentsu.

Mine also mentioned that they had a big influence over who got what position, which is how we ended up with their friends with dubious histories (bullying, anti-Semitic jokes, etc.) getting positions they would not have gotten with proper vetting.
                        Then them either quitting or being fired pretty close to the start of the games.

Comment

Britain's Tom Daley wins a first Olympic gold medal as he claims victory alongside Matty Lee in the men's synchronised 10m platform.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            Dentsu.
                            Yep that's it thanks, all I could remember is it started like 'train'. She didn't have a great opinion of the bloke either.

Comment

The company is very old school Japanese, with the usual bull**** that accompanies.

Comment

Working...
                              X