No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 7: The Joy Department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

34 years ago my Nan took me to the cinema. Having only ever been three times before and two of those being at a point I was too young to remember, the trip would be the one that would most strongly stick in my mind as the first time I'd go and love the experience and the film I was seeing. 8 years old, a small quiet cinema and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

I pestered her into taking me another two times before it was taken down, rushed off because the cinema only had two screens and other new releases took its place. I've managed to see it once more on the big screen since then and as such it's the film I've seen the most times at the cinema.

Then last night I got a notification on my phone. Next week a cinema not too far away is showing it. Booked in with my eldest who is 8 years old now himself and hasn't seen any of the films.

Added bonus - it later emerged that two nights before they're showing Raiders as well so we've booked into that one too. They're showing all five over the course of a week but going nightly would be too much of an cost and effort exercise. The two best ones will be done though and notably as things stand Raiders of the Lost Ark is the only Indy film I've never seen at the cinema so that will finally be ticked off the list leaving just a handful left to catch such as Ghostbusters and Back to the Future Part III

Comment

More make you laugh than make you smile.

For the first time ever, for no reason whatsoever in context, I have been called an Edgelord and an Incel online today.
      Do I get a sticker or something for it?

Comment

Carl Morris went viral on social media after hitting a spectacular shot at a recent tournament.

(Awesome Pool swerve pot shot.)

Comment

Taylor Swift: fans and critics react to new surprise double album The Tortured Poets Department | Taylor Swift | The Guardian
          I'm in the camp that I'm not amongst the fans of Swift. Nothing from a personal standpoint, I just find her music to be pretty typical generic forgettable pop fluff for the most part. However, as an artists who's 'a big name', she's one were I admittedly have no problem with the success she's had. She's undoubtedly a hard grafter with one hell of a work ethic that also engages her fans well.

Comment

Yeah, it's really easy to be a cynic if she's not your type of music, but she brings a lot of joy to her fans, so I can imagine getting a new album drop and then discover it's a double album even more exciting.

I'm much less of a music snob these days and if music brings you joy or makes you feel something, then that's great.

Comment

Working...
            X