3DS transfers between region

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3DS transfers between region

I've decided to finally upgrade my launch 3DS to a New 2DS XL. The best price for these new seems to be a Japanese machine. My plan is to system transfer from my old 3DS to the new one then hack the new one to make it region free.

Do PAL machines system transfer nicely to Japanese machines? Are the eshop games region locked and will they transfer?

Cheers!

I've transferred UK -> UK, Japan -> Japan, and US -> US, but I can honestly never say I've tried going cross-region. This isn't what you want to hear, but I don't think it works at all - all aspects of them (store, account, purchases) are treated entirely differently to the best of my knowledge. Very happy to be proven wrong by anyone that's actually tried it, though.

Comment

I would echo [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] on this one, tbh.

Wii U and 3DS are the last generation of Nintendo hardware that has the software region-locked, and I'm pretty sure that extends to their eShops being geo-locked by default also.

Unless I'm mistaken though, haxx can get around that and allow for universal eShop software access. Somebody better placed than me on the subject would have to elaborate.
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 20-07-2021, 12:37.

Comment

I've never tried NA<->JPN and strongly doubt it would work in any way, certainly not for the eshop.

Comment

Well that's just wonderful. Cheers all!

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
            My plan is to system transfer from my old 3DS to the new one then hack the new one to make it region free.
            Why not hack the new one first and then do the system transfer?

There must be a way to do what you're wanting here. They're very versatile once ripped open. I'd ask on Reddit.

Comment

I was worried that once hacked the system transfer wouldn't work. To be safe I was going to do a legit transfer then bad boy the system.

Comment

Working...
              X