No announcement yet.

eFootball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George bests goblet of hangovers. Staring George best after a 4 week bender, follow George on his journey to regain his memory and powers over the course of half a season.

For the ultimate package purchase the day 1 dlc for the second half of Georges season.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 22-07-2021, 07:45.

Comment

I know I'm furthest from the target crowd but other than abandoning a recognisable IP title this makes so much sense as a rare occasion going F2P working on paper.

I know a lot goes into complaints against annualised series but the king for me has always been FIFA, barring a major engine change there's absolutely nothing to each years iteration that couldn't be a patch for the previous one. Always bewildered me so many people hand over money every year for the same game. FIFA should just be one F2P platform too.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

I know a lot goes into complaints against annualised series but the king for me has always been FIFA, barring a major engine change there's absolutely nothing to each years iteration that couldn't be a patch for the previous one. Always bewildered me so many people hand over money every year for the same game. FIFA should just be one F2P platform too.
        EA are already pretty much doing that with FIFA Legacy Edition on Switch, and getting regular criticism for it as it contains no more than squad updates (no Ultimate Team, no game engine improvements, etc.).

That said, I see where you and Konami are coming from. It's still sad to see the whole lineage of ISS/Jikkyō/ISS Pro/Winning Eleven/PES get wiped out like this.
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 22-07-2021, 09:15.

Comment

The name change is the most puzzling bit but then I never understood the change from ISS to PES. The names get worse with each change

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            The name change is the most puzzling bit but then I never understood the change from ISS to PES. The names get worse with each change
            To be fair, as far as the West goes, it went from ISS to ISS PRO to PES - Pro Evolution Soccer.

Looked at it that way, it makes sense because it underlined how the gamestyle evolved from arcade-style (ISS) to a more in-depth and detailed simulation style (PES). It also accounted, in my opinion, for the shift in focus from only International Football (ISS) to eventually going the FIFA route and including club sides (PES).
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 22-07-2021, 09:33.

Comment

That'd make sense, I think the only one in the series I ever really spent time with was ISS64. I can't even recall why, same with FIFA - somehow I spent time on the 3DO FIFA but can't remember why I would have

Comment

Because it was the first proper 3D one I guess, with an approximation of crowd cheering and chanting. I played that sluggish beast a fair bit too

Comment

I'll take it. I'm optimistic. Sad happy face

Comment

well people have it now and the move to unreal engine is a disaster, check efootball's reddit threads for hilarity.

Comment

Good job konami.

Comment

this is absolutely hilarious. I'm lmao here oh my god!

Comment

Downloaded this just to see how bad it was.

I was not prepared. I can never un play that.

PES is dead. Rest in peace old friend.

Comment

This actually makes me feel sad. In one thread we talk about EA milking the consumer dry with ultimate team monetisation and slack support for Series S and in this one we see just how far the mighty PES has fallen.

I utterly loved this series for a long time, only really losing interest as it got progressively worse and stopped supporting option file uploads on Xbox. It's such a shame that its this way around and FIFA has basically destroyed it's competition.

Comment

Time to bring back Actua Soccer.

Comment

Working...
                              X