PC to multiple televisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC to multiple televisions

This is a work question that I'm trying to work out a solution to.

We are a manufacturer with multiple machines and we're adding sensors to them to indicate if there's a problem.
    A couple of the maintenance guys have access to the notification system via a browser.

We want a master PC to show this screen and send the info to another 3 big screens, probably televisions.

Am I right in thinking the network connectors on TVs are only for receiving data for the apps (Netflix etc.) or can you cast a PC across a network to it?

We have network connectors in place, but we haven't cabled HDMI throughout the factory.

Any suggestions, gang?

Some TVs will also have casting features built into them, but it varies by manufacturer. Samsung phones can cast to Samsung TVs for example, and LGs have Apple AirPlay built in to cast from an iPhone or Mac. Sonys have Android TV built right in so can probably be casted to from Android devices or Chrome. So it's worth looking at the types of TVs that you have and what features are built into them.

The simplest solution, though, may be to use Chromecasts, one per TV. I'm not 100% but these should give you the flexibility you need in terms of casting. Someone will probably be along with better/more specific information but I would look into that.

Comment

I think the Chromecasts require WiFi, of which there is none, at present.
      Wired is also a lot more reliable.

Comment

You can send and receive hdmi over Cat5 with this type of device

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
          You can send and receive hdmi over Cat5 with this type of device

https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/p...rxs/dp/AV21356
          Holy smokes, I think that's the winner.

Thanks, chums!

Comment

It's possible to use Ethernet with Chromecasts, but baseley's solution looks much better anyhow

Comment

Working...
            X